IGNORED

Extremely Hilly Courses

Heat
Note: This thread is 6098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Any of you ever play at courses that always have uneven fairway lies? Im talking about downhill, uphill, side=hill and massive elevated doglegs. I play a local course every so often and I hate it. Members say that they will be better because of the practice they get on uneven lies. I am starting to hate it because I hit 12/14 fairways and only had 1 of those as a even ground lie. Like Hitting a 4 iron off of a downhill slope of 2 stories. It makes my ball striking inconsistent and frankly the ball flight is ugly most of the time. Anybody ever play these types of courses and whats your view on them.

Usually use NXT Extreme's or HX Hot's
Soon to be Home Track : Grey Silo GC (71.5 / 128)

winged foot, westchester country club

winged foot has alot of side hill and stuff
westchester has lots of elevation on some holes
What's In My Custom Bagboy Fleicshmans Bag:
Driver: Hibore with Aldila NV 65
Irons: CG2 Irons 3-PW
Wedges: 56 degree Reg.588 Tour Action Chrome Finish, 60 degree Vokey Design, vokey design 52*
Putter: milled series #3Hybrid: Rescue Mid 25 degree3 Wood: War HawkGolf Balls: Serious Play ...

Actually I may join a club like that next year. The course is funny because it looks simple enough its only like 6400 yards or so. Its only a 9 hole course, one par 5, one par 3, but you don't ever get a good lie, period. The green are tuff anf fast, and the sand the ruff is wild. I like the challenge, if I wanted a perfect lie every time, I'd go to the range and hit off of a matt. Now what does piss me off, is when I play with someone on this course and they alter all there lies, thus making the course quite easy, then they brag about there round.

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

Actually I may join a club like that next year. The course is funny because it looks simple enough its only like 6400 yards or so. Its only a 9 hole course, one par 5, one par 3, but you don't ever get a good lie, period.

A 6400 yd 9 hole course??? There is a 9 hole course 1/2 hr from me that has half of it's holes literally on the side of hill/small mountain. They cut into the hill & terraced it so there would be level tee boxes but thats about it. Even if your ball lands in the middle of those fairways, odds are it's going to roll 10-15 yds downhill. Tough little course but fun.

sorry about that, meant to say it'd be 6400 if you play one 9 white, then one nine blue, my bad lol

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

Two of my courses are that way - The Willows and Fox Run. The back nine of The Willows is especially brutal. I don't think I've ever had an even lie there, and my ballstriking suffers accordingly. Usually, it mans my ball ends up well short of the green, even if I club up.

Sometimes on especially brutal areas, I'll aim for a flat spot - fairway or rough. I've played these courses enough that I usually know where to put my ball, and where not to put it, even if it seems perfect.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I don't mind some uneven lies, but i hate it on every hole. I despise blind shots too lol.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I am not a fan of blind shots either.

The course I play at has two holes in which you have to hit your drive over a hill. It is a shot that really does not suit my eye nor the shape of my driver shots. I usually just hit a 4 iron to get it over the hill and let it run down the slope.

In my bag:

Driver: Cleveland Hibore XL 9.5*
Hybrids: Cleveland HiBore 19*
Nike Slingshot 23*Irons: Titleist 775 CBWedges: Titleist Vokey 54.10 Callaway X-Tour 58.12

LOL, I live in West Virginia there are only two local courses that are even relatively flat and one of those has mounds lining every fairway. I was thinking about Hillshot Golf too when I saw this thread.

Yea try Pittsburgh. Nothing is flat here unless you get 1 hour away from the city. It gets crazy sometimes.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

That's golf. Uneven lies on the course. The course ain't hilly -- your stance is.

That's what makes HillShot so appealing. It appeals to Range Jocks.

Range Jocks are those that pound away balls on the driving range from flat ground. They got all the shots at the range from even lies. They go to the range every day. Practice all the time. May even plop down a few from even lies from the 150 marker at their favorite course when it's a slow day. They're dialed in.

Then they complain when they shoot a bad round on the course...on weekends...in a foursome...when the shot calls for an uneven lie on a not-so-hilly course. And they drove it "perfectly" to that spot and lie.

They lack course time. Course time.

Range Jocks.

Trying so hard to avoid that title and get more course time myself.

Dang it!

Note: This thread is 6098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!