IGNORED

My Swing (throli)

throli
Note: This thread is 3656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 7 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 10ish

My typical ball flight is: Straight/draw

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: My typical misses are pushing the ball left or hitting hit a little thick

Any opinions on the swing? Anything obvious im doing wrong? It feels like some days the swing tend to be different from the good days. The club feels heavy and im loosing focus. Then i start making changes in my swing and end up getting frustrated and pshyced out :( Keeping the consistency is a huge problem... The videos below shows me hitting a 7 iron.

Videos:

Your head moves around a lot. Try this:

That video came from this thread. Check it out for other really great tips.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I see your hips sliding back toward your right, probably a bit to much. As was posted above, the videos on the 5 keys will help a bunch. Best to practice the drills at about 30% of your normal speed, to get them ingrained. Key #1 and # 2 should help, but it's best to only work on 1 thing at a time, until you get that 1 piece down pat, then move on to the next drill, it works.

BTW...welcome to TST. There's a ton of great info here, and the jokers on here are pretty cool. Enjoy your stay.

• 2 weeks later...

its been a while since this time, but thanks for the feedback. I have worked properly on my swing. Getting back with new vids soon :)

Been working with not moving my head that much and also the hips issue

Yes agree with what others have said. Would just add that you should turn both feet out at address (left pic below). Your feet are square and the knees are rotated inward, want to try and do the opposite, will help with the pivot to keep the head steady.

Arrows on the right pic show the right side "stretching" up while the left shoulder goes down, would be good to incorporate more of that feel when working on the head movement.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!