IGNORED

Hit down they said...

Note: This thread is 3432 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, it happened again,I was on the driving range, hitting a teed up ball and the head went flying down the range. Based on the looks of it the shaft just pulled out of it. Was it just bad epoxy or could i just be catching the tee and rippping the heads off?

Possibly not enough epoxy and/or you need to roughen up the surfaces to help activate them for the epoxy to work well.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What, no ferrule? FYI that club PLAYS @ 45", the shaft's not 45". Should be the same shaft as the driver iirc. I had both recently as in this past summer. Tip trim to flex then butt trim to playing length. Tinkering's fun. Have fun with it.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I sweep with my metal woods, most of the time. There are times I will get a bit steeper with them. Sometimes I will also sweep with my irons, depending how divot friendly the ground/turf is. Some of the fairways I play on, are pretty hard. It's not so much about protecting the club as it is about protecting my shoulders down, to my hands. I have enough pins, screws, and plates on my left side, that I can melt an airport metal detector. :-P

I think there is a video on YouTube by Hogan on hitting down with fairway woods.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Does anybody know how to launch irons high while hitting down on it. I love to hit down on it but recently have had trouble with too much shaft press.

Do you mean that your hosel is deflected backwards rather than forward deflection at impact?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I don't know what that means

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/108695/] [/URL]

Well I was talking about the grip being ahead of the ball but I looked at a picture and there is some deflection shown in b, couldn't tell if there was any a because it was dtl. What do those cause, and are caused by what

Well I was talking about the grip being ahead of the ball but I looked at a picture and there is some deflection shown in b, couldn't tell if there was any a because it was dtl. What do those cause, and are caused by what

So, I guess you were stating that you have so much lag that you are basically de-lofting the club? Is it possible for you to go see a fitter and find out what is actually happening?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• 3 weeks later...

OK i re glued the head on,but now I'm leery of hitting it. A classmate told that after breaking the end of the shaft shaft two times the shaft might be compromised. Does that make any sense to you all or is it not a valid point?

NIke VRS covert

Mini driver 14 degree

Nike covert 5 wood

taylormade sldr 4 hybrid

Taylormade Rocketballz Irons:  6-aw

Taylormade atv  56,60,64

Jpl Putter

Nxt tour s yellow

OK i re glued the head on,but now I'm leery of hitting it. A classmate told that after breaking the end of the shaft shaft two times the shaft might be compromised. Does that make any sense to you all or is it not a valid point?

IDK from experience, but from a technical standpoint as long as the structure of the shaft is not compromised it should still work fine. Are there any obvious cracks in it? Plus, if it does break it will more than likely go forward with the ball.

I've had a few glue failures in the past, and one more recently because of a bad glue job on my 5i.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

1st, did you clean the hosel out well? Was the epoxy mixed right and well? Did you give it plenty of time to cure? Please don't re-install without a ferrule....that fits. Looks pretty tacky. :-) The shaft will not play the same since it was was broke and all you did was "grind" it off.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, i agree, i need the ferrule but none fit so i was forced to go without one. It had 6 months to dry. No obvious cracks, but i haven't been using it that much. Ive been getting more than enough yards out of my 4 wood (cranked one to 270 with roll the other day, wish that was average though lol). i may carry it a little bit in the spring when i get off the simulator and have some time to actually test it.

NIke VRS covert

Mini driver 14 degree

Nike covert 5 wood

taylormade sldr 4 hybrid

Taylormade Rocketballz Irons:  6-aw

Taylormade atv  56,60,64

Jpl Putter

Nxt tour s yellow

Note: This thread is 3432 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!