IGNORED

Wedges...What to buy ???

Note: This thread is 3638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

With so many available, is it just look and feel?? Is Titleist  as superior as we are led to believe? Currently searching for new wedges...would appreciate your pros and cons...how bout the Cleveland RTX ?

I always played Cleavland wedges, but I switched to Titleist Vokey SM 4's. My reason, I like the looks of the Vokey's and the feel of them compared to the others. It's pretty much a personal thing. Also there are a few threads re: wedges, you might do a search and see if you can't find more info. as there are many good wedges out there.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like the looks of the Ping Eye2 wedges with sharper toplines.

It use to be that I didnt carry a SW or LW cause I didnt play in any courses with sand and would just open my GW to play shots that need SW.

Now I playing in really tough courses and learned to use the 60 wedge and prefer a 54 for wedge shots around the green.

I went back to the Cleveland Tour Action REG. 588 Gun Metal wedges, I really like the quality that teh manufacturer put into these models. The playablilty and look sold me.

Driver: TaylorMade Jet Speed Matrix 49 Gram Velox T Stiff Shaft

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha Aldila NVS 65-S 350 Shaft

Hybrid(s): Cobra Baffler T-Rail - 3H - 19*
                 Cobra Baffler T-Rail - 4H - 22*
Irons:  TaylorMade RBladez Jetfuel 85 Gram Steel Shaft 4-AW 

Wedges: Cleveland REG.588 Tour Action - 60*

Callaway Forged Rust - 54*
Putter: Ping 1/2 Wack-E - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim Grip

Balls:  Maxfli U/4H

Vokey's felt the best compared to all the other name brands I hit ar golfsmith. I think if I were to get a new wedge I'd go get fit for edel's. Everyone on this site has nothing but good things to say about them and I think its cool how you can customize the logo.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have always been partial to Cleveland.  I like my Vokey 60... but I much prefer to play my 56 Cleveland.  I had a gunmetal Tour Action Reg 588 and 2 years ago went to the new Rotex version, love it just as much.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Note: This thread is 3638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!