IGNORED

How to fix some common issues I have with my swing.

dragnframe
Note: This thread is 3652 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi guys, Looking for some tips or tricks on my swing. I am a low 100 golfer and I know could easyly be in the 90's but I make some common mistakes and end up adding stokes I know shouldnt be added. Issue 1 : Is on my down swing I have a tendency to pull my left elbow up almost like a chicken wing if that makes sense. I caught this by videoing myself. I feel I know how I can work on that but looking for any ideas that might help. Issue 2: Also on my down swing I have a hard time rolling my hands and close the club face or makeing it square. Are there any good drills to help me with this? This is what is really hurting me off the box I think, I some time mark my ball to see where the club is impacting the ball and it will be in the center of the club but I left the club face open and it spins it to the right. So, any help are drills I can work will be great. Thanks Matt.

Hi guys, Looking for some tips or tricks on my swing. I am a low 100 golfer and I know could easyly be in the 90's but I make some common mistakes and end up adding stokes I know shouldnt be added.

Issue 1 : Is on my down swing I have a tendency to pull my left elbow up almost like a chicken wing if that makes sense. I caught this by videoing myself. I feel I know how I can work on that but looking for any ideas that might help.

Issue 2: Also on my down swing I have a hard time rolling my hands and close the club face or makeing it square. Are there any good drills to help me with this? This is what is really hurting me off the box I think, I some time mark my ball to see where the club is impacting the ball and it will be in the center of the club but I left the club face open and it spins it to the right.

So, any help are drills I can work will be great.

Thanks

Matt.

Matt,

I would recommend posting a video of your swing in the Member Swings section of the forum.  There are a lot of helpful people on the forum that will point you in the right direction.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Issue 1 : Is on my down swing I have a tendency to pull my left elbow up almost like a chicken wing if that makes sense. I caught this by videoing myself. I feel I know how I can work on that but looking for any ideas that might help.

Issue 2: Also on my down swing I have a hard time rolling my hands and close the club face or makeing it square. Are there any good drills to help me with this? This is what is really hurting me off the box I think, I some time mark my ball to see where the club is impacting the ball and it will be in the center of the club but I left the club face open and it spins it to the right.

So, any help are drills I can work will be great.

Hi Matt,

I would start looking at Key #1 and 2 drills here

With issue #1, you are mostly seeing the result of poor sequencing and/or the weight isn't forward enough at impact.

With issue #2, most slicers already have the face aimed left at impact, it's the excessive path to the left that is causing the ball to go right.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3652 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!