IGNORED

best golf bag with built in cooler

Note: This thread is 2488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am in search of a good bag with a built in cooler big enough for a sandwich or 2. I hate paying the outrageous prices at the course for a burger or sandwich. I only walk the course and carry my bag on my back so comfort is a requirement also. All the bags I have found so far only have a beverage pouch big enough for a bottle of water ( which is what I currently have). Thank you for your input.

Here are a couple bags that might be good to check out. Can't find any details on "cooler" pockets but I know these are popular bags.

http://www.sunmountain.com/four-5-5040-detail

http://www.ping.com/Bags/CarryDetail.aspx?id=16107

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Nike Hybrid bag has a decent sized cooler pocket.

Whats in my bag:

:nike: SQ Dymo2 Driver

Triumph Fairway Woods

:nike: VRs X Irons

:nike: VR V-Rev Wedge

:mizuno: Putter

The Nike Hybrid bag has a decent sized cooler pocket.

I second this. I bought the Nike Hybrid Performance stand bag this season and I love it. Pricey, but very light, very durable, very sturdy, plenty of room, no bag chatter when riding (full-length dividers) and a substantial cooler pocket. To be honest, all of the pockets seem to be very large and well-placed. Definitely worth it.

I have a Taylor Made Catalina that has a decent sized cooler in it. Haven't used the cooler part yet though. Looking forward to trying it

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Yea I'm keeping an eye on this thread.  I also like to walk when I can, but buying beers gets real pricey when you can't carry them!  They'd get too warm in my bag... Cooler pocket would be sweet!!

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

I also have a TaylorMade Catalina bag and I do like the size of my cooler. One thing I didn't pay attention were the club dividers. They are not full bag length and that was something I now wish I paid closer attention to. My dad has a SunMountain KG-3 and he absolutely loves his bag.

Matt Metzger - Newtown, PA

What's In My Bag

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 - Aldila Tour Rogue Silver - 69g - Stiff

3-Wood: TaylorMade R11s - ProForce V2, Stiff, 76g

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner - Stock shaft, Stiff

Irons: Callaway Apex 4-PW - True Temper XP-95, S300

Wedges: Cleveland Reg 588 Precision Forged, 52*, 56* & 60*

Putter: Kenny Giannini - G-4 No Neck, 34in

• 2 years later...

Bumping this thread...

The new Ping Traverse (2016/2017) has a very nice cooler.  I'm eyeing it.  It could easily fit a 6 pack plus some food.  I have an older Traverse (2012) that I like, but the cooler is much smaller (It's OK, fits two small beverages and a snack bar or two).

Beer company logo bags... every bag I've seen with a beer logo on it, has a huge cooler.  My friend has a Coors Light bag he won at a tournament... huge cooler.  He can easily fit an 18 pack with ice (says he's packed it with more than that before).  We saw a Mich. Ultra bag this weekend, same set up as my friends.

Anyone else have any suggestions on more current bags with nice coolers?

• 3 weeks later...

I walk so a cooler is out.  I am super conscious of weight.  I recently bought some disposable tupperware to keep my cigars in because it much lighter than my travel humidor.

I would consider that for a sandwich or two.  you can put it in the side pocket it keeps things from being crushed and its light.

23 hours ago, inthecup said:

I walk so a cooler is out.  I am super conscious of weight.  I recently bought some disposable tupperware to keep my cigars in because it much lighter than my travel humidor.

I would consider that for a sandwich or two.  you can put it in the side pocket it keeps things from being crushed and its light.

I walk as well, but a few extra lbs doesn't bother me one bit (the push cart carries the load).  And ... the bag gets lighter as the round goes on.

When I carry vs use the push cart (which isn't often), then I'm more conscious of the extra weight 

Note: This thread is 2488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!