Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fromthecoast

I need more flexibility

5 posts in this topic

I don't think I will be able to prove until I get more flexible. I'm happy with the progress that I have made in the last two months but the toll of multiple rounds and range trips a week are getting to my back. I'm not very flexible anyway which limits my ability to make good swings and a turn. Once I start getting a little soreness my swing really starts to go downhill. Watching videos and analysis on evolvr, I can't keep my head still. My tight back is a big contributor I believe. Can anyone recommend some specific stretches to help with the lower back not only to et loose but improve flexibility over the long run? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I had the same issue and I'd highly recommend yoga as a good way to improve your flexibility. Personally, I hate traditional work-outs but find I enjoy simple yoga routines on the days I don't go to the driving range or play. If your cable provider has an "on demand" type feature then check out their "fitness" sections, they usually carry a handful of yoga sessions you can do at home. A couple of the streaming TV providers (ie. amaozon and netflix) may also carry them.

I don't think I will be able to prove until I get more flexible. I'm happy with the progress that I have made in the last two months but the toll of multiple rounds and range trips a week are getting to my back. I'm not very flexible anyway which limits my ability to make good swings and a turn. Once I start getting a little soreness my swing really starts to go downhill. Watching videos and analysis on evolvr, I can't keep my head still. My tight back is a big contributor I believe. Can anyone recommend some specific stretches to help with the lower back not only to et loose but improve flexibility over the long run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Fromthecoast

Check out these two books.  They both contain a lot of stretches and exercises to improve your flexibility for the golf swing.  The second one also is available in a DVD (3rd item).  Many of the exercises are similar to the one my physical therapist gave me after my surgeries to get my flexibility and strength back.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks guys. I will check into the options presented. I'm in good health overall and only 33, but have had issues with extremely tight hamstrings since childhood. That still holds true today but I think it is impacting my lower back as well.