IGNORED

Bushnell V3 Pro with or without slope - opinions?

Note: This thread is 3606 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all, I'm looking for some educated opinions on purchasing the Bushnell V3 with or without slope? I purchased the one with slope today, but have a return policy. I'm trying to determine if it's really worth the extra $100 I paid. I played a relatively flat course today where it didn't really matter, but some other courses I play can be hillier. I don't really know how to visually judge how uphill/downhill things are generally so it seemed like a useful tool, but I can also see how it might be gimmicky. What are your experiences and thoughts on this? Worth the extra $100?

Hi all, I'm looking for some educated opinions on purchasing the Bushnell V3 with or without slope? I purchased the one with slope today, but have a return policy. I'm trying to determine if it's really worth the extra $100 I paid. I played a relatively flat course today where it didn't really matter, but some other courses I play can be hillier. I don't really know how to visually judge how uphill/downhill things are generally so it seemed like a useful tool, but I can also see how it might be gimmicky.

What are your experiences and thoughts on this? Worth the extra $100?

First of all, the slope feature makes that rangefinder illegal for any tournament play regardless if it can be turned off, second the slope feature is useful especially on severe grades I have seen up to 20 yards difference on a severe par 3. I have the v2 with slope.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

I would not buy something not legal for tournament use. I certainly wouldn't pay more for it!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First of all, the slope feature makes that rangefinder illegal for any tournament play regardless if it can be turned off, second the slope feature is useful especially on severe grades I have seen up to 20 yards difference on a severe par 3. I have the v2 with slope.

Yeah, sorry, I should have mentioned I was aware it's not legal for tournament play. I don't play any at this point in my game, I'm more concerned with just getting better results while I'm playing with friends, etc.

I would not buy something not legal for tournament use. I certainly wouldn't pay more for it!

[quote name="flopster" url="/t/74544/bushnell-v3-pro-with-or-without-slope-opinions#post_989604"] First of all, the slope feature makes that rangefinder illegal for any tournament play regardless if it can be turned off, second the slope feature is useful especially on severe grades I have seen up to 20 yards difference on a severe par 3. I have the v2 with slope. [/quote] Oh, for clarification, what classifies as a tournament? Is that the case for local men's club tourneys? Or more for open amateur local/regional tournaments?

Not legal under the rules of golf, period.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I would not buy the version with slope for the reasons mentioned.  Even if you don't play in tournaments now, you may want to in the future and won't want to buy a new rangefinder.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

OK then - so maybe this is a topic for another post, but since it's in line with all of your advice, how do you all judge how much to adjust for slope when it's large enough to matter?

OK then - so maybe this is a topic for another post, but since it's in line with all of your advice, how do you all judge how much to adjust for slope when it's large enough to matter?

Well the feature basically tells you what length of shot on a level surface will reach the target at it's elevation, so if the flag is 135 yards away with a 3* upslope it may say it plays more like 138, as far as when to make adjustments I guess that's entirely up to you but I do remember playing a hole that was a severe downslope and had a yardage of 170 but with the slope feature it measured at 143, I picked the club for the 143 yardage and hit it 10' away.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Experience, mainly. If the target is significantly higher, I just take an extra club. A 2 club difference is rare, so you should be able to get close just clubbing up or down.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I have the regular one without slope and love it. If you golf on courses with a lot of elevation change then is definitely get the slope. I live in the prairies so no

I used to own a leupold with slope.  Amazing function.  But when I started playing in the Wyoming Open I had to sell it on Craigslist and I took a huge hit.  And I then bought the same Leupold without slope.

Note: This thread is 3606 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!