IGNORED

Western PA - Favorite public courses?

Note: This thread is 3624 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My top 3,

Whispering Woods, Erie PA

Treasure Lake - Gold, DuBois PA

Old Stonewall, Ellwood City PA

Thoughts? Any more nice courses out there in WPA that you can play?

Olde Stonewall is great. 20 minutes from my house. I really like Oak Tree, which is on the Ohio border in Middlesex.

—Adam

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

North Hills in Corry, PA and Overlake in Girard, PA were always on the nicer side of public courses that I've played.  Haven't been up there to play either in about 7 years or so though.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Olde Stonewall is nice but it isn't worth the green's fee.  I mean, who are they kidding, $150?  I think that's down from recent years, too.  I play there when one of my wholesalers is paying.

Cranberry Highlands, Totter Ridge, Links at Spring Church, Lindenwood, and Quiksilver are all good choices in the 50+ range.

In the $35-50 range, I suggest Butler's (particularly the Lakeside course, this 36 hole complex is where I play the most rounds), ,Cedarbrook (nice 36 hole complex, I run a charity golf event here every year).  Also, the Club at Shadow Lakes.  Don't remember the prices, there, though.

"Witty golf quote."

Olde Stonewall is great. 20 minutes from my house.

I really like Oak Tree, which is on the Ohio border in Middlesex.

Why do I always forget Oak Tree?  It's like that part of my brain has been damaged and I can never remember the course.

Also, although not technically in PA, there are some nice tracks just across the border in Ohio.  Yankee Run, Avalon Lakes, Kennsington, Mill Creek (one course is better than the other, south is the better one, if I recall correctly), Links at Firestone Farms.

"Witty golf quote."

Yes good call on Totter!! I play there once a summer on Wed/Thur when they run the play all day for $49. Have played 54 the past 3 years, hoping for 72 in one day this summer. They need to bring back the Rocco tees from before though!

Note: This thread is 3624 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!