• Announcements

    • iacas

      Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

      No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Hardballs

Being tall an advantage?

Recommended Posts

Just now, Lihu said:

Possibly wishes to be taller, I'd have no idea about that, but his shorter stature exactly as the OP noted had nothing to do with Maurice hitting the ball 486 yards. :-D

That's really long for anyone of any stature. . .

And he'd probably hit it farther if he had longer levers.

Either way, you're talking about a sample size of one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Just now, iacas said:

And he'd probably hit it farther if he had longer levers.

Either way, you're talking about a sample size of one.

Agreed , any small sample size of one is very likely an outlier.

Maurice did note that one of his arms is 6 inches longer in "Morning Drive" to Michael Breed, but it sure didn't look that way in the video?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm 6'7. Walking into a golf shop, looking at all those nice new irons and knowing that you'll never be able to play most of them really sucks. You can only look at the best forged irons. So Mitzuno blades (which I have), or a muscle back modified blade. That's it! 6 degrees upright puts tall guys in no mans land. Super upright swing too. Hitting a draw is pretty hard. High fade is my shot. I've got over 35 years of dealing with it. I would say long heavy arms don't help anything. Let's not even get into size 15 shoe designs on the clearance rack:) 

I can hit long balls, but it's always been awkward to hit my short irons a solid distance. I tend to play a 3/4 swing for accuracy. Hit my head on the roof of the golf carts all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, 4right said:

I'm 6'7. Walking into a golf shop, looking at all those nice new irons and knowing that you'll never be able to play most of them really sucks. You can only look at the best forged irons. So Mitzuno blades (which I have), or a muscle back modified blade. That's it! 6 degrees upright puts tall guys in no mans land. Super upright swing too. Hitting a draw is pretty hard. High fade is my shot. I've got over 35 years of dealing with it. I would say long heavy arms don't help anything. Let's not even get into size 15 shoe designs on the clearance rack:) 

I can hit long balls, but it's always been awkward to hit my short irons a solid distance. I tend to play a 3/4 swing for accuracy. Hit my head on the roof of the golf carts all the time.

:-D

Don't move to Japan.  You'll have CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy within a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

30 minutes ago, Runnin said:

:-D

Don't move to Japan.  You'll have CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy within a year. 

It's too late. If I ever shaved my head, people would call me Frankenstein. Those older garage doors used to get me all the time. Thank goodness for roll-up garage doors:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now