• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tmac20

Need a new bag - always carry

9 posts in this topic

I just joined a new course and it's extremely hilly, so I need to invest in a really good quality, extremely lightweight carry/stand bag. I currently own a pretty large TM stand bag and it's way too heavy. Additionally, it sucks as a stand bag. The legs can't grip anything other than grass and it collapses easily. Any recommendations? Price is not too much of a concern - anything under $200 is what I'm willing to pay.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I picked up a Ping 4 Series the other day at Dick's and was shocked by how light weight it was. I'm pretty partial to the Ping bags, though.

Not a fan of push carts?

Since he mentioned hilly maybe he was thinking push carts may have a tendency to roll away?

Since he mentioned hilly maybe he was thinking push carts may have a tendency to roll away?

Maybe but worth asking. They have brakes these days. :-P

The good thing about hills are you can use them to send your push cart ahead of you. Gravity can be helpful!!!

Maybe but worth asking. They have brakes these days.

Good point, I never look at them because the good ones tend to be quite pricey.

Not a fan of push carts?

Nah. I'll use them when I play 36 holes, but I prefer to carry.

Anyways, I ended up getting a Titleist Ultra Lightweight stand bag. Can't go wrong with Titleist.

The wife and myself both walk 2-3 times per week and have been really happy with the Nike offerings.  She has the Nike Air Sport and I have the Nike Performance Hybrid.  The Air Sport weighs in just over 4 pounds and is built like a tank.  I went with the hybrid because I am a fan of having a 14 way divider. The straps and suspension system are 10/10 and are very comfortable even with a fully loaded down bag.