• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
Moppy

Which is worse? Impossible pin positions and fast greens or holes in one and tap-in eagles?

Moppy    30

Can't play this weekend due to gout, the weather is gorgeous.. argghhh! So I am watching the US Open. If I wanted to watch people constantly putt it past the hole and off the green like yesterday, I would watch myself play, but somehow I think they went too far making it easy today.

Moppy    30

I kinda wish I had a range in my backyard.

I was just thinking I would buy a brush mat and measure the distance to various trees and work on my iron play. There are just too many divots in the grass right now :whistle: .

14ledo81    186
[QUOTE name="14ledo81" url="/t/75223/which-is-worse-impossible-pin-positions-and-fast-greens-or-holes-in-one-and-tap-in-eagles#post_1005678"] I kinda wish I had a range in my backyard.[/QUOTE] I was just thinking I would buy a brush mat and measure the distance to various trees and work on my iron play. There are just too many divots in the grass right now :whistle: .

I can hit up to 75-80 yards without losing balls. Wish I had a spot to hit out to 175 though.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    Frogger Golf
    PitchFix USA
    • Clearly it's a lot of both, but I've always wondered that if golf is such a mental game, why do players only seem to practice the physical side.  And how does one even practice the mental side?  I've known a few players, not that many, who didn't have the most athletic or orthodox swings but were really consistent and knew how to score.  Were they not better golfers than players with long, aesthetic but unreliable swings?   What do these players who learn just enough to hit playable shots know that most golfers don't?   Comments?  Is the game in your head or in your hands, and how does your approach to improving at this game (or the mythical optimal approach) reflect your answer?
    • FWIW he played his third double round in three weeks.  90 and 96.
    • It's a disappointing end (w/ or w/o "closure"), but I've got no hate for Dan. Yea, even w/ the same final outcome he could have handled things better to the people following him. But really it never cost me anything and I was entertained when he was still at it (regardless of any issues w/ his approach to the project and/or how he portrayed it). He also made it easy to follow his story... I remember checking out his stats page every few months, and it was kinda fun to just see it. I'd prob still give it a google if I heard he was trying for the Senior tour in the future.
    • I had 2 in my last round on thick and grainy poa annua greens.  Both were from over 30 ft.  One was uphill and against the grain.  I thought I hit it hard enough to get there but came up 10 ft short.  I was first to putt so didn't get a read on the grain.  The other was a left to right breaker and I didn't realize the grain was also running that way.  Ended up about 10 ft below the hole. 
    • I agree with @Buckeyebowman. I was practising my swing on the range yesterday and was putting some business card in front of the ball. Very pure ballstriking almost no mishits, straight ballflight I swept the card away every the time. I was focusing on my swing and the card. Then we got on the court. First hole perfect ball striking I was able to focus behind the ball and on my swing.  Then second hole I made a mistake with my driver (know the reason now). But anyway my confidence was getting smaller. 200m to the hole. So I got my hybrid out "I have to hit this ball 200m very hard now". I still tried to focus behind the ball and the shot was OK. But far from perfect. From now on from hole to hole ball striking got worse. At the end I even hit in the ground in front of the ball with my sand wedge which never has happened to me before. My head was going "You have to hit this ball now!" No loose swings as on the range before. And no thinking about the loose swing going to the target. The more frustrated I got the more I focussed on the ball. I was noticing in the end I was focussing in front of the ball and on my swing but when I made the actual downswing my eyes got back to the ball which leaded to terrible shots. I noticed the eyes really jumped.  What this means to me. I have to practise to change my focus now every time on the range and make this a priority. I also tried widening my focus which really helped. But its a different task to this on the actual court it seems.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Dresilved
      Dresilved
      (52 years old)
    2. kpetrina
      kpetrina
      (25 years old)
    3. Luana
      Luana
      (39 years old)