Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fsufan82

My Swing (fsufan82)

2 posts in this topic

I've been Playing Golf for: 1 month

My current handicap index or average score is: 110-120

My typical ball flight is: slice

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: slicing with the driver, making consistent solid contact.

Videos:

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Hi @fsufan82 , welcome to The Sand Trap. The first thing I would work on in your swing is letting your back leg lose some flex, you don't want to keep it bent like that. Fixing that will probably help you stay more centered among other things. This may, or may not be a priority for your swing but it's what jumps out at me. Others will surely add to this. I'd also look through this thread: http://thesandtrap.com/t/74723/introduction-to-the-purestrike-5-simple-keys-5sk-learning-system/0_100 As well as searching the site for the "5sk Video Thread", use the in-site search function and it should pop up right away. Stick around and you'll learn a ton on here.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • I think it better to practice on as many types of greens as possible . I have noticed that if you don't you only get the feel of one course To be a complete putter need to play slow and fast greens.  Slow green are great to develop confidence on short putts but sometimes can be too bump on long putts Fast greens roll truer on longer putts and I like to see how close I can the ball and judge fast greens but short putts can be scary as there more chance for lip outs and longer 2nd putt
    • There is one in the office where I work. If I use the Five Simple Keys as a framework what does it help: 1 - Steady Head, nope it's not for this 2- Weight forward, nope it's not for this 3 - Flat left wrist (at impact), perhaps this 4- Diagonal Sweetspot Path, I don't think so 5 - Clubface Control, not really, maybe a little but it would be more efficient to just use the either side of the target drill with a regular club and ball   So maybe it would help with key 3?  If that is your problem, maybe it will help you.  I don't think it's necessary though.
    • It's a bit of a band-aid. You'd get similar results with any static weight distribution. Essentially, what's happening is that with a weight transfer in your swing, you're swaying backward and then forward and there are small timing differences between that and your arms and upper body, which bring your path over different points on the ground and so affect your ball-striking accuracy. By keeping your weight in one place, you silence the "yips" your lower body produces during the weight shift, and so you increase the accuracy of your ball striking. This is one reason that many coaches advocate narrowing your stance for short iron and pitching shots. Due to the loft of the club and the desire for a high launch and soft landing, pitching requires you to get that leading edge underneath the ball but still hit the ball first, making the pitch swing a game of millimeters between a good shot and a thinned or turfed one. So, a narrow stance and minimum weight transfer helps ensure the iron gets right back to where it was at address to slide under the ball. However, for full-swing, full-distance shots, this no-sway approach comes at the cost of swing power; by not moving your hips or giving yourself more room to push off your right leg, you're giving up on most or all of the power that your lower body can produce, focusing instead on upper-body and core strength. The result will be a slower swing speed. If your distances are still acceptable for the game you play, then I say no harm done, but if you'd like 5-10 yards more from each iron when you want it, you'll need to loosen up your lower body again and get your weight transfer and hip rotation in sync with your swing.
    • What club do you guys use to spin the ball back with? I feel like I have more control at 78 yard with a 9 iron rather than SW. Given a nice clean lie ,a soft cover ball and clean grooves I feel more comfortable using a 9 or 8 iron 3/4 swing hit steeply and ball lands 80-85 yards and spins back several feet . That might be the ideal shot if pin is at the front 
    • Having written a fair amount of reviews I can say that with today's club there is only relatively minor differences between most of them. This means yes, they are all pretty good. We are now at a point with golf design where they are forced to eek out fractionally better performance metrics.  That said, I certainly feel that getting the right "mix" and by mix I mean shaft and head combination can certainly be beneficial for certain players. I have watched guys getting fit improve spin numbers dramatically with a shaft change. Launch conditions could be made better through optimization of lofts or even certain heads. So my lesson is look for something you like how it looks, read up on any reviews here on TST and then go get fit on a TrackMan/FlightScope to find the best "fit" for you. 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. OR Cat
      OR Cat
      (55 years old)
    2. RandallT
      RandallT
      (50 years old)
  • Blog Entries