Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

foam filled iron shafts?

3 posts in this topic

I dont sell all my used clubs because sometimes I buy clubs like Fybrids that dont really have a resale value, or I have hoed a club too far and ebay doesnt want it back. These clubs collect, and I will end up with a set, more or less, that I will throw into an old bag and give away. In this mixup I have some Maltby GI irons that came with some particular shafts, graphite high launch apollos, that are fairly loathsome, 5 degree torque 55g white painted featherlites. I dont think its fair to anybody to hit a noodle shaft so I was thinking of reshafting them, but thats a lot of work. I saw a can of expanding foam in my shop that made me think of sensicore inserts. I wonder if the Great Stuff canned foam would firm the shafts or even add a few grams for feel? Now I am curious. They are reg flex, so anything stiffer will work with those heads.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I imagine it might break loose. Maybe it will be quiet. Kinda defeats the idea of taking them apart in the first place. Although I had a set of cg1 blades that had a 7 iron that buzzed when I flushed it. Noises arent all bad.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • In the world of putting if it works I would just carry on  I don't think I can "nose " putt like that  I do something similar.  I trace the line with my eyes and set my set along the target line. My rear eye is dominant and as my eyes are tracing the line from my AP to the ball I like to keep my eyes behind and beneath the ball  Then once me eyes trace back to a the line behind the ball then I automatically start my backstroke.  This seems to work well with my odessay #9 putter or when belly wedge .  
    • All your comments are valid, but I should point out that all the tips I have been given have come via very good golfers. I am also a great believer that the best instruction doesn't have to come from the best golfers, much like any sport, and to some degree life in general. There are great school teachers who don't have children, if you get my point. The best golf tip I have ever received,and it knocked two shots off of my handicap over night, came from a 9 handicapper, not a pro. We sometimes fall into the trap of thinking a pro is a messiah, and somebody with less personal ability  doesn't have the knowledge to give instruction. I play against some very inexperienced golfers who would benefit from my tips, but I don't give them the help they need, because of the aforementioned concept. 
    • Got the new wedges yesterday and here are my initial thoughts.  1 - finish is much softer, more like a satin finish and not nearly as bright as the images on Rock Bottom's website. I consider it a plus.  2 - did a little chipping with them and some full swings using foam balls and they seem very well balanced and I swing them well as others I have tried that cost more. 3 - the components seem well made, the grips are a little disappointing (thin feeling) but they aren't unusable. I've been planning to get new grips for my driver and fairway woods anyhow so I need to do 5 instead of 3 now, no biggie. Hoping to get 9-holes in at the Par 3 course tomorrow evening and see how they perform there and how the finish holds up.
    • I'll take a stab at interpreting hasty smart phone predictive typing post. "Tiger in his 2014 and early 2015 days before taking the break for his injury was generally behind the field in strokes so how was that affecting his ego?" Was I close @Natural Patrick?
    • IMO it's not a sport, period. As far as the skills, I'm hardly an expert but it seems a little more like billiards with knowing banking angles. Don't see a lot of curving breaks across slopes, occasional ramps yes, but they tend to be straight. Lots of holes don't have the penal downhill runout where the ball goes forever on a miss. I wonder how these carpets typically stimp?
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

• Blog Entries