IGNORED

Volvik Vista iS

Note: This thread is 3542 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been thinking about changing balls from the Srixon Z-Star to the Volvik Vista iS, I did a search for reviews and found a trhread where a few TST members did a review. That was cool reading the reviews. I've tried the Volvik Vista iV, but thought it was a little hard. Didn't like the feel at all of the driver, iron, chips or putts. I like a softer feeling ball, but don't want to sacrifice the distance or spin around the green. Sounds like this ball has it all. Plus I like playing colored balls. I usually play recycled balls (or found balls), so breaking down and paying full price kind of sucks. Can't find these reycled yet. Too new t the market. Anybody here playing this ball?

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I've seen them online. I have a Golfsmith and a Dick's nearby. I'll check. If they do, I'll get a sleeve to check them out.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I use to use Volvik balls all the time  I would order them from Golf USA in Manhattan KS when ever I needed some thing from them. I liked them because they seemed to fit my game quite well. But since they were not readily available in local stores I went with the Srixon balls. I bought 10 boxes of the Srixons at a going out of business golf store sale. When I run out of them, I will look for the Volviks again. The other day I was going through some boxes marked "Golf Stuff" and found 4 sleeves of those TM Penta balls. Might put a few of them in my bag. As I recall they were next big thing in golf balls at one time.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Patch, do you recall the model Volvik you used to use? I have a couple of Volvik Vista iVs. They feel like rocks. From what I've read, the Volvik Vista iS feels softer.

Patch, do you recall the model Volvik you used to use? I have a couple of Volvik Vista iVs. They feel like rocks. From what I've read, the Volvik Vista iS feels softer.

No, not off the top my head. It's been a few years since I purchased any.  I do remember  they were 70 compression if that helps. They felt great to hit, consistent ball flight/distances, stopped when they were supposed to, and they rolled true right out of box.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I believe the 70 compressions are the Volvik Crystals. I have too high of a swing speed for 70 compressions. Lose too much distance. On my way to see if I can find some iS.

Well, I went to Dick's and they didn't have any Volviks. They did have a sale on some Maxfli u6 (6 layer technology) for 2 / $50. Looked like that might be a good ball. Didn't buy them because I was on a mission. I went to the local flea market and looked through thousands (maybe only hundreds) of balls in the $5.99 per dozen and $8.99 per dozen bins. Low and behold, I found 2 Volvik Vista iV and 2 Volvik Vista iS. The looked like new. These sell for 47.99 a dozen new, so these are $4 per ball. The Vista iS has a really soft cover. I bite the covers to see how soft they are like people used to bite gold coins. I make sure the balls are clean. :) So, I will play them next week and see how they do. I will compare them to my Srixon Z-Star, Srixon Z-Star-XV, Pro V1s and Pro V1x. The Srixon Z-Star is similar to the Pro V1 and the Srixon Z-Star-XV is similar to the Pro V1x.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I played today with the Volvik Vista iV and the Volvik Vista iS. I played as a single. I teed off with 2 balls. One a Vista iS and the other a Vista iV. I shot pretty well but they suck. They felt like a Top Flite. They both have good distance. They both spin well into the green, but not as good as a Pro V1. They feel lik a Top Flite when I chip. A hard clank. They feel hard when I putt. A hard clank. I gave up after 9 holes with them.

I'll have to compare the Vista iS to the Pro V1 tonight with chipping and putting. I remember the Pro V1 as softer.

The White Color from Volvik may be a good option as well. It's one of their premium balls, but unlike the Vista balls, it has a urethane cover so it should feel a bit softer.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Well I tested the Vista iS and Vista iV against the Pro V1 and Pro V1x. Both of the Volviks seemed harder to me. There was a louder"click" with the Volviks. The chips felt harder too. Not going with the Volviks.

Well I tested the Vista iS and Vista iV against the Pro V1 and Pro V1x. Both of the Volviks seemed harder to me. There was a louder"click" with the Volviks. The chips felt harder too. Not going with the Volviks.

The vista iV does have a "clicky" feel. I didn't like that at first, but the clicky feel makes it sound and feel like you are crushing it on drives. I didn't think a clicky cover could stop on greens like other pro line balls but it does somehow. The Volvik iS is much less clicky than the iV and I agree is slightly more clicky than the PV1, but the overall compression seemed very similar to the PV1. The availability of colors is what made the difference in my switch from the PV1.

The vista iV does have a "clicky" feel. I didn't like that at first, but the clicky feel makes it sound and feel like you are crushing it on drives. I didn't think a clicky cover could stop on greens like other pro line balls but it does somehow. The Volvik iS is much less clicky than the iV and I agree is slightly more clicky than the PV1, but the overall compression seemed very similar to the PV1. The availability of colors is what made the difference in my switch from the PV1.

I like the colors too. The cover on the iS is quite soft, but it still has a hard feel. Obviuosly the ball's mantle. I have two sleeves so I'll play them some day. I don't like switching balls during a round. I like playing the same ball all the time. I have a shopping bag full of Pro V1 and Pro V1x in my closet. You find a lot of those on the course over the years. I'll play those some day too. Today I'm going to play some Titleist NXT Tour S. Love the feel. Let's see how they bit the greens. Got a huge match tomorrow. Playing against a big hitter but he doesn't have the short game like I do.

Today I'm going to play some Titleist NXT Tour S. Love the feel. Let's see how they bit the greens. Got a huge match tomorrow. Playing against a big hitter but he doesn't have the short game like I do.

Let us know what you think about the NXT tour s. I got some at a demo day thought they were good overall. It seemed like the trajectory is what allowed it to hold greens. It goes out straight and then drops out of the sky almost vertically, even with a long iron.

The course I normally play has been closed for two days due to standing water from torrential rain. I did lots of chipping and putting. The ball feels much better than any other ball. I've only played tour balls for several years so this will be different. I'm going cold turkey with these tomorrow.

Note: This thread is 3542 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!