IGNORED

New in here from Mexico.

atrapasuenos
Note: This thread is 6084 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi everybody! My name is Armando, I'm 20 years old and I'm from Mexico City. I found the forum by searchig in google some sort of advices of which irons I should get.

Rigth now my score is between 89 - 92. I recently change my driver for the FT-5 Tour and my SW for the CG-10 Back Pearl. I'm in love with this two clubs. But I'm not that happy with my irons. Let me explain what happen. Here in Mexico, we don't have the variety of clubs that you have in US. So when you are begginig what most people do is to buy a pre-owned clubs and start with those. And that was what I did. But now I want to improve my game. And I want to change my fairway woods and irons (I will open a thread in the correct section).

So I hope that you can help me and have a good time in the forum.

Regards!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Hi everybody! My name is Armando, I'm 20 years old and I'm from Mexico City. I found the forum by searchig in google some sort of advices of which irons I should get.

Welcome to the thread my friend. I can't give you good advice for irons, on account mine come from a club maker in Orange County, California -- not a terrible drive from you, but I doubt you want to go there just for irons. We look forward to chatting with you on the many threads here.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to the thread my friend. I can't give you good advice for irons, on account mine come from a club maker in Orange County, California -- not a terrible drive from you, but I doubt you want to go there just for irons.

Thanks for the welcome. In fact I was evaluating this crazy idea of going to Monterrey and then go to Texas or Houston to try some irons and fairway woods. Because here in Mexico City is a Callaway dealer. But the don't let you to try the clubs.

Regards!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Welcome.....

Lorena Ochoa: Mexico's best thing to come out since..............................

HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

Welcome.....

Sorry, I haven't seen this post. But yes I guess that Lorena is right now the best that Mexico have. I really don't know if somebody is having some opportunities to go to LPGA o PGA. Here in Mexico, being sucessful in sports is not that easy

Regards!

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Welcome! Man I wish I lived down south so I could golf 24/7!!
In My Bag:

Driver::Louisville Golf - Smart Persimmon 9.5*
Irons:CG2 3-PW
Wedges:Reg. 588's (SW, LW)Putter:Studio Design 1Ball:Pro-v1Bag:Pro Stand Deluxe

Thanks for the welcome. In fact I was evaluating this crazy idea of going to Monterrey and then go to Texas or Houston to try some irons and fairway woods. Because here in Mexico City is a Callaway dealer. But the don't let you to try the clubs.

If you're interested, PM me and I can put you in touch with where I got my clubs. As with posts like this, I need to say that I have no touch with them other than as a customer, so I'm not getting a commission. But if you've been thinking of heading up to Aliso Viejo / Orange County area, I'll put you in touch.

But coming to the states to try golf clubs isn't a bad idea

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you're interested, PM me and I can put you in touch with where I got my clubs. As with posts like this, I need to say that I have no touch with them other than as a customer, so I'm not getting a commission. But if you've been thinking of heading up to Aliso Viejo / Orange County area, I'll put you in touch.

Thank you very much, I appreciate your offer. I will talk with my dad about this offer. Because I think that the problrm would be the shipping to Mexico. I can use a freight forwarder but they charge me a lot of money heheh.

Regards

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Note: This thread is 6084 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!