Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Davie81

R1 driver

8 posts in this topic

Currently playing a burner 2.0 superfast which has seen better days. The r1 has dropped to £149 but im also looking at the cleveland classic for £80. Any thoughts on the r1 and is it worth the extra?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

The Cleveland is a decent driver, tough to say which one is better because it depends on how it fits the player. This might help, our R1 review.

http://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/taylormade_r1_driver_review

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the link. My shots tend to spray and I've got a lesson next weekend to address this but can't make up my mind whether to splash out the extra 80 pounds for adjustability.

Thanks for the link. My shots tend to spray and I've got a lesson next weekend to address this but can't make up my mind whether to splash out the extra 80 pounds for adjustability.

It might help a little, would help the face match up with the path. Unless you hover your driver, then the face adjustability doesn't matter.

have you tried the cleveland classic at all? If so is it forgiving, as long a shaft etc?

R1 -- have owned it for over a year. Not that forgiving. If you tend to spray, I would look elsewhere. The TM Tour Drivers are not the be all, end all for most players. For very good players with speed, it can be a great fit. For the rest of us, better options exist.

The Ping G25 should be coming down in price soon...

I've got the g25 5 wood which I really like but it's just that the cleveland seems a bargain.

i25 or Taylor made super fast or sldr. I hit all 3 off these. TM went a little further then i25. but i25 has racing stripes :). I had a r1 for a little while last year I couldn't get the ball in the air with it. if you like numers try the jet speed or sldr. if you like gaming. give the i25.