IGNORED

Tips for Golf Tryout?

BillyK252
Note: This thread is 3539 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone! I am trying out for the High School Golf Team this week. We play 18-holes on three different courses on Friday, Saturday, and Monday. I'm pretty nervous for this tryout, but I'm confident I'll play well. With that being said, does anyone have tips for the tryout? I tend to get pretty nervous when I play in an event, no matter how much I try to ignore the nerves. Thank you all!

-Billy

1. You are what you are, so don't try to rebuild your game. Go with what you have.
  2. Are you familiar with the courses? If not, visit the web site - or the course itself - and see what holes you are facing. If a hole has a blind tee shot into a landing area bordered by a hazard or water, this can cause problems for a first-time golfer.
  3. If you hit a bad shot, just get back to the fairway. Don't be so brave you turn a bogie into a triple bogie.
  4. If you have a risky shot to make, and don't feel good about it, go conservative.

Other things...

• Don't overpractice on Thursday (day before), or after the round on Friday. You don't want to be so tired Saturday you can't swing the club properly.
  • And most of all, have fun!!! :dance: (It's allowed....)

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't worry about the other kids either, when I tried out we spend a day on the range and 2 days on short game, and a lot of the kids looked like birdie machines. But when I saw the scores they shot I knew I was in.

Yeah, remember that you're playing against the course, not the other golfers trying out for the team. Focus on your game, not theirs.

Three rounds of 18-hole golf, though? Damn, mine were two 9-hole rounds at a fairly short course. Good luck.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Although you are young and strong, find a caddy.  Or at least pull a  trolley and do not carry the sack all the way over 3 days.  Go for the (drinking)  water and in bed by 10.  Ha.

Awesome, congrats! High school golf is a sweet deal. After all, it's free golf, what's not to like?

Unfortunately, our High School has pay to play, so we have to pay like $250 at the beginning of the year. But after that everything is free.

Unfortunately, our High School has pay to play, so we have to pay like $250 at the beginning of the year. But after that everything is free.

We have to get 500-1000 dollars in sponsors. And that barely cuts it.

Note: This thread is 3539 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!