IGNORED

Joost Luiten

Silent
Note: This thread is 1764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Luiten in a flight with Poulter and Dubuisson at the BMW Masters on the first two days.

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The first two days of the WGC - HSBC Championship Luiten will be in a flight with Bill Haas and Thomas Bjorn.

~Jorrit

Luiten improves 12 places after shooting -1. Compared to his +5 yesterday pretty good, but it's not on the level we're used to see from him the last two years. Hopefully he can have such an impressive moving day as he had last week.

~Jorrit

Again big improvement for Luiten, this time 26 places after shooting -3 and inside top 30 now. Could have been a lot better if it wasn't for this triple bogey, bit that's golf... Hopefully a strong finish tomorrow.

~Jorrit

Luiten finished 28th at WGC HSBC Championship. Not bad, not good either. Yesterday he had chances for a really, really low score and his first day was simply very bad. Next week the Turkish Airlines Open.

~Jorrit

Luiten remains 30th in the OWGR.

Starting this week the Turkish Airlines Open, the third tournament in The Final Series. Joost his game seems pretty good last week, yet his scores are not that impressive (also not very bad). Hopefully he can go low in Turkey.

Small world btw, the company I work for got the job to build and host the new website of Joost Luiten. Am sure we'll do a good job :)

Sat next to @ joostluiten . That bloke can officially sleep! Not a word out of the Flying Dutchman for 10 hrs!

~Jorrit

Looking at his primary schedule, Super Joost will play the following tournaments on the PGA Tour: The Honda Classic, WGC Cadillac, Valstar Championship, Shell Houston Open, The Masters, RBC Heritage, WGC Match Play, The Players, US Open, WGC Bridgestone and the US PGA Championship.

~Jorrit

For the third time in the final series, Luiten and Poulter have been matched to play together in one flight. The last tournament starts on Thursday. Luiten has good memories about this tournament, taking a 4th place last year.

~Jorrit

Luiten ends the season as 28th at the Official World Golf Ranking.

Looking back it was a good year for Joost. Starting as 49th on the OWGR, and now inside the top 30 and still room for improvement. Winning at Celtic Manor, 3rd at the World Match Play Championship, and a bunch of other top 5's. Downside was missing the Ryder Cup team (by now I think he proved he belonged there, but on the other hand: they played good and won without him) and not having one big result in one of the majors. In the Final Series was hoping for at least one top 5 as well, but you could see he was both physically and mentally tired from the long season with a lot of new experiences. In two weeks time he will already play for the 2015 season the Nedbank Golf Challenge (big purse, small (but strong) field) but after that he won't play untill end of January, training but also charging the battery I guess.

In 2015 also  Joost will play tournaments on the PGA Tour, so hopefully by now he's not a stranger to you anymore when you see his name on the leaderboards. I have big hopes for 2015, and think his experience now will help him perform better on the highest level. Playing in USA might be a risk also (further from home, new courses, different enviroment) but also brings a lot of chances. Go Joost!

• Upvote 1

~Jorrit

McGinley has been fullsome in his praise and bold in his predictions for Super Joost. You can only conclude he would pick him today. In fact he seemed to be intimating within a week or so that he'd made a mistake and should have picked Joost. Europe made errors too, it's just that McGinley's players got him out of trouble. Incidentally, did you see McIlroy interviewed after Dubai about his seasons highlights? Two big ones are obvious he explained. The Open was a tournament he'd grown up watching so to win the claret jug at Hoylake for the first time was a dream come true ,and that topped his list. The other big one he explained was the Ryder Cup, and that there was something very special about team matchplay that he enjoys above all else and lavished it with praise as a spectacle, and that he's "hopefully looking forward to many more in the future". He didn't mention anything else. He did say a few months ago that he no longer plays for money and those choices (or the reasons he gave for them) would seem to back that up. By contrast, Phil Mickelson couldn't even identify the Ryder Cup as a future target when he'd just qualified for it, and when it was about 6 weeks away, and went blathering on about the Olympics instead.

Clearly it's going to be a big year for Super Joost, but there have also been plenty of promising Europeans who've made this journey and disappeared off the radar.

Starting next Thursday, the Nedbank Golf Challenge in South Africa. Only 30 players, no cut but a purse of $ 6,500,000 (!).

Very strong field, including Kaymer, Schwartzel, Todd, Donald, Jimenez, Donaldson, Gallacher, Westwood, Jaidee, Na, Luiten, Koepka, Lowry and Oosthuizen. First torunament on the European Tour rankings 2015.

~Jorrit

Not a good start from Luiten in South Africa: yesterday level par, today +2. Kaymer (+5), Na (+6) and title defender Bjorn (+8) also not reaching their potentional. Donald is leading after he shot -9 today.

~Jorrit

Note: This thread is 1764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!