IGNORED

Joost Luiten

Silent
Note: This thread is 1779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Luiten quite harsh on himself:

Quote:

No weekend in The Masters

Missing the cut is always a disappointment, but missing the cut in The Masters hurts even more. I fought hard en kept believing in a good result, but once again my putting let me down. The highlight of my round was a 3-wood on the par 5 second hole that went almost in the hole for an albatross. I made a simple eagle there with a 50 centimes putt. That felt really good. What happened on the next hole, sums up how I performed in this tournament. I needed three putts from ten meters for a unnecessary bogey. I just didn't have the feel for the speed of the greens.

With two good birdies on 7 and 9 I went trough the turn in +2. The backnine is a bit easier, so I was in a good position to make the cut. But my putting was pathetic at times and in The Masters you just can't do that. In the end I

I missed the cut by two. After a big disappointment like this one, it's important to stay patience and keep working on the basics. If I do that, I'm 100% sure that the good results will come. Next week I have another very nice tournament, the RBC Heritage. I'm looking forward to play that event for the first time in my career.

Well, I guess we're noticing for a couple of weeks already that he's losing it with his putting. Unbelievable when you putt this bad, you 'only' miss the cut by 2 strokes. Good thing is he knows where it mainly goes wrong so he can work on that. After The Honda Classic he was ranked 2nd in putts within 10 feet, so it seems mostly a lack of confidence right now. Time to turn that around with hopefully a good performance at Harbour Town next week.

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Luiten will be paired with Bo van Pelt and Martin Flores. Tee-time on Thursday is 12:10 pm, on Friday 7:30 am.

Hopefully Luiten can put aside his disappointment and have a good tournament!

~Jorrit

Luiten at T3 (-3) right now, seven holes left to play. Looking at the statistics very decent play. Very cool! Hopefully he finishes okay as well, tv starts in a few minutes and would love to see him live and high on the leaderboard.

~Jorrit

Going from T3 to T18 after hitting the water at 14 (most difficult hole) and a double bogey. Still impressive, but obviously also a little bit disappointing after being just one shot away from the lead. Hopefully a strong finish. No airtime so far :(

~Jorrit

Good start from Luiten after shooting 69 (-2) in the opening round, and at this moment inside the top 10. Could have been even more nice but shot a double bogey after hitting the water at the difficult 14th. All together a good round, and his putting seems to be back on track. Hopefully more of this tomorrow.

~Jorrit

'Happy with my score' [QUOTE] Ihad a great start of my round with birdies on the first two holes. I gave myself more chances on the next few holes but the putts for birdie just missed. Hole 8 is a narrow driving hole and my ball ended in the trees wich led to my first bogey of the day. After a good birdie on 10 I made my worst swing of the day on 14, a tough par-3. My ball went in the water and I had to write down a double-bogey 5. That was very disappointing, but I came back strong. A good birdie on hole 16 and two solid pars on the last two holes. With a 69 and a 9th place I'm in a nice position for tomorrow. I have an early starting time at 07.30 and I'm looking forward to another good round on a very good golfcourse. [/QUOTE]

~Jorrit

At level par trough the turn. Hit the water again on 14 (this time a bogey) and also started his round with a bogey, after which he made birdies on 15 and 17. Now the front nine, T13 at this moment.

~Jorrit

4th birdie in the last 6 holes, top 5 for now. Things are moving into the right direction.

~Jorrit

And a birdie at the last hole. In the end a round with a lot of ups and downs. From a early +2 to -2 right after the turn, back to +1 and ending at level par. A total of 5 birdies but unfort. also 5 bogeys. At -2 total 'easy' into the weekend and in contention for a nice position.

~Jorrit

Confident for the weekend: [quote]After my second round of the RBC Heritage I spend quite some time on the range. My iron game wasn't good enough today. I made five birdies in my round of 71, but the same number of bogeys. I started (today on hole 10) badly and was +2 after five holes. Just like yesterday I hit my ball in the water on 14, the dangerous par-3. Luckily I managed to escape with a bogey due to a good third shot that ended close to the hole. I made good birdies on 15 and 17 to reach the turn in level par. With nice birdies on 1 and 2 I was -2 for the round and close to the top of the leaderboard. All went wrong on hole 6, 7 and 8. Three very expensive bogeys after an impossible near the lip of a bunker, a short missed putt and a bad chip on 8. I felt a bit better after finishing with a good birdie on 9, my last hole of the day. Like yesterday I signed my scorecart with the feeling that it easily could have been a few strokes better. I lost some ground today but with better ironplay in the weekend I'm sure I can make a good move because my game starts to feels better and better. [/quote]

~Jorrit

4 birdies for Luiten on the front nine. Unfort. also a triple bogey on 8 (?!), together with one bogey it means level par through the turn. Hopefully he can keep on scoring those birdies and keep away from (triple) bogeys ;)

~Jorrit

Finished his round in -1 (-3 for the tournament). Shooting a total of 6 birdies, yet 'just' -1 because of two bogeys and a triple bogey. Curious about the story on that one.

~Jorrit

Note: This thread is 1779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!