IGNORED

Course Record from the Golds

iacas
Note: This thread is 6079 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm personally leaning towards B myself, but that has more to do with not wanting to get teased by some of my friends and/or for upsetting some old duffer who knows I'm better than he is and doesn't need a 68 or whatever from me from the golds to demonstrate that fact. After all, what would I be gaining besides having my name listed as a course record holder (big whoop)? The fact that my own principles would tend towards the "no grey area" policy of "play anywhere" are almost a moot issue here - it's not as if I'd derive a lot of satisfaction from going low from the golds.

I think that's your answer. It's a good one.

Swing = Stacked and On Plane when possible.
In My Bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9° Alidila NV 75g Stiff
3-Wood: Nike SQ 15° Diamana Stiff (Stock)
Irons: NIKE FORGED SPLIT CAVIY (S300)Wedges: Taylormade RAC Fe2O3 (Rust) 52°/56°/60°Putter: Titleist/Cameron Newport 1.5Ball: Looking for a new...

c.

The person who holds the record currently can't really believe an 84 is going to hold up anyway.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

Course records are from the tips, or otherwise it's not a record, it's just someting to make some hacker feel good.

If it were my course and you went out and threw down a "record" 68 from the gold we'd never let you hear the end of it.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I'd go with B. Go ahead and play from the Golds, just don't have them put your name on a plaque.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Gold or Yellow tees are senior tees. If you are not a senior then you have no business being up on those tees. Same thing goes for the red tees for ladies. I have never heard of a course that keeps a course record for each set of tees. I hope who ever has the record at your course for the red tees is female and the reocrd holder for the gold tees is over at least 60 yrs old.

My Sticks:
DriverFT-5 9.5° Tour Accuflex Creation 65g Stiff -or-
:R7 Superquad Redboard Stiff
Woods::TEE CB2 Accuflex Creation 80g stiff
Irons:755 cb 4-SWWedges: CG10 Black Pearl 52,56,60Putter::Seemore Black FGP 34.25"

• Administrator
Gold or Yellow tees are senior tees. If you are not a senior then you have no business being up on those tees. Same thing goes for the red tees for ladies. I have never heard of a course that keeps a course record for each set of tees. I hope who ever has the record at your course for the red tees is female and the reocrd holder for the gold tees is over at least 60 yrs old.

Doesn't seem as though you've read very much of the prior discussion in this thread. I've got plenty of business being on the gold tees if I want.

The course doesn't keep a "course record" (which, yes, is a misnomer) from the red tees for men. Curious individuals should note the course's website is linked to at the bottom of each of my posts. Or skip the digging and click this .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow, it looks like you better be warmed up and ready to play with #1 at 445 (426) and for those starting on the back nine with #10 at 480 (451). The 18th looks like a great par 4 as well.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• Administrator
Wow, it looks like you better be warmed up and ready to play with #1 at 445 (426) and for those starting on the back nine with #10 at 480 (451). The 18th looks like a great par 4 as well.

Yeah, and they have no range yet. I wrote a full review on the main site if you're interested in reading it.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So you said you made up your mind.. Are you going to do it or are you now the course record holder?

In the bag:

Burner 10.5
Rescue mid 16, 19, 22, 25
X-16 irons Forged+ Vintage 48, 54, 60 Circa 62 #3 A009125

So you said you made up your mind.. Are you going to do it or are you now the course record holder?

Judging by the length of the holes the other guy mentioned I wouldn't think so.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I'd go with B also. I just wouldn't feel right about posting a course record from the senior tees. It would be kinda like beating a whole bunch of 8 year olds at dodge ball :)

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

• Administrator
Judging by the length of the holes the other guy mentioned I wouldn't think so.

Those were the blue (426) and black (445) yardages for the first hole (and 484/450 for the 10th).

And no, I'm not going to share my decision, because as soon as I do the original question becomes meaningless.

Those were the blue (426) and black (445) yardages for the first hole (and 484/450 for the 10th).

I know your decision.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

And no, I'm not going to share my decision, because as soon as I do the original question becomes meaningless.

I hope you do at some point. I don't think it makes the question meaningless. We can still consider all the options and say what we feel is right. Erik, you have a very definite point of view on here (no grey areas if possible

), and I think a lot of us would be curious how you decided to go. I assume you choose option B, as I think most of us here did, because it seems to fit your "style" from these boards. I, personally, would have choose B as well maninly because my home course does define the tees very specifically for members, and there is only one course record(from the blacks) and I would use those basic guidelines wherever I played. I hope later on down the road you decide to tell us what you did. I think it will be relevant to the discussion. ......and as a low handicapper and someone WELL versed in the Rules of Golf, mid to high handicappers will look to better players, like yourself, to see how they should play the game the right way. I hope it's something you consider.
The best feeling in golf is a long walk with a putter - Greg Norman

In my Atlas Bag
FT-3 9° - Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 63S
X-Tour 3 Wood 15° - TT Stiff MP-60 Irons 3-PW - DGS300 2 Up MP-T 51° 56°(10)/60°(4) Vokey SM Oil Can Studio Style Newport 2 V1xHome Course Bear Slide

I'm personally leaning towards B myself, but that has more to do with not wanting to get teased by some of my friends and/or for upsetting some old duffer who knows I'm better than he is and doesn't need a 68 or whatever from me from the golds to demonstrate that fact. After all, what would I be gaining besides having my name listed as a course record holder (big whoop)? The fact that my own principles would tend towards the "no grey area" policy of "play anywhere" are almost a moot issue here - it's not as if I'd derive a lot of satisfaction from going low from the golds.

I agree with this statement right here. I don't think I would "claim" a course record from those tees. More of a personal pride thing than anything else.

The course record at Whispering Woods (one of my home courses) from the gold tees is an 84. It's 68 from the blacks, 72 from the blues, and 75 or so from the whites (I shot 76 from those tees without making any putts one day). The gold tees are not far behind the ladies (red) tees and measure just under 5,300 yards.

I would select option B. Some courses out here recommend playing tee boxes (measured by their slope) based on your course handicap rather than your age. Your index would probably convert to a course handicap worthy of the Black and Blue tees. My handi would probably put me on the Blues and Whites. I would be proud to capture the course record from those tees. The golds should be left to the higher handicappers to establish course records. Since WWGC maintains separate course records, they should base it on course handicap IMO.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

Note: This thread is 6079 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!