IGNORED

Playing A Round By Yourself

Cooker
Note: This thread is 6080 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just wanted to get some thoughts on playing alone and how many of you do it? I booked a tee time for today last week and have been looking forward to it but my buddy broke his finger and cant go Never played a full round alone just pitch and putts.

In My Bag:
Driver: R7 Limited Matrix Ozik X-con Stiff
3 Wood: 909F3 Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Irons: AP1 3-PW DG S200
Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54° NickelWedge: Forged 60°Putter: Rossa Balls: Pro V1XAvatar: Nicklaus North Golf Course, Whistler BC

I played 9 holes by myself after work a couple weeks ago. I got stuck behind the tail end of a league, and they wouldn't let me play through. I was fine with that, because I used the time to practice flop shots while I waited on the tees, and I practiced some sand shots and putting after I finished on each green.

The only thing I don't like about playing by myself is if I shoot really well, or if I finally get that hole in one I've been seeking, I won't have any witnesses to my success. But other than that, playing by yourself can be relaxing.

I prefer to play with others though.
"The only thing in my bag that works is the bug spray."

In My Bag:
Big Bertha 454 Titanium (10º)
Big Bertha Fairway Woods Ping G2 HL (Black Dot) Ping M/B (56º & 52º) Mizuno MP-R Series (60º) Odyssey Black Series i #7

Its really fun, you get really focused on playing well and just enjoy the game by yourself. You move fast and you tend to do better. Sure you dont have anyone to socialize with, but that is the best time to go for a good score because thats all your focused on.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

last week i shot my best score while playing alone. a lot of us here play alone quite often, i usually practice alone while walking 9 holes late in the afternoons after work. you may be paired with a group by the starter, so be ready to play with strangers.

In my wasabe green ozone bag:

Hibore 9.5° w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft Driver

G10 15° 1H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft G10 18° 2H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft T-Zoid Pro 3-PW S300 CG10 52° 2 Dot Black Pearl CG10 56° 2 Dot Black Pearl Newport 2 TerylliumLow Score = 88

I use to do it a lot when I was younger. I always found I concentrated better because there were no distractions. I remember shooting some of my best scores while playing alone. It's was also good for practice, if there wasn't a crowd around. You could practice different shots that would arise during a round. I can remember practicing punch shots from under trees, and various other shots which eventually helped me when the shot would come up in a competitive round. A lot of those shots can't be practiced on the range.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

I play by myself alot and I love it. We are still in 'off season' here in Fl and the corses arent crowded yet. I keep my clubs and shoes in my truck and whenever I get a chance I go out. If there is no one behind me Ill play two balls. I really use the time to build my fundimentals. If I shank a shot, Ill drop anouther and hit it right. Its much better practace then going to the range.
Driver 460
Hybrids 3 & 5
Irons X20 4-PW
Wedges Vokey Spin Milled 56 & 60
Putter Studio Balls HX Hot

I like to get out early on the weekend and play a quick nine on the back. Often get home by 8:30 and have rest of the day.

I play alone most often, reserving my foursomes for the weekends and outings. Since golf is primarily about relaxing for me, and I work in a very public job, the solitude is cherished.

Heaven is 630 a.m. Saturday morning, 65 crisp degrees headed toward a comfortable 80, first tee (elevated, of course) . . . and not another worry in the world.

Driver: r7 quad/10.5 degree, stiff shaft
3W: Steelhead III, stiff shaft
7W: r5, stiff shaftIrons (2-SW): ISI K/Black dot, stiff shaft,...

where I'm at the courses often are uncrowded, so I probably play alone every other round since my golf buddies work more than me. I usually play 2 balls and just treat them as practice outings. I can usually play in about 3 hours which is another plus.

I never have, but the lack of golfers within my social circle means I'm going to have to start if I mean to be serious about the game.

I worry that I'll get bored and part of me loves the competitive edge of having a playing partner.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

I've played several rounds as a single and also shoot some of my best scores playing solo. The other advantage, as noted by some, is that it's possible to play 18 in about 90 minutes if you don't get stuck behind anybody.
Driver: Sumo 10.5°
3 Wood: T40
2 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 16°
3 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19°
4 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 22°Irons: RAC OS 5-PWWedge: CG12 52°Wedge: 56° SWPutter: RossaBall: Titliest NXT Tour

I love to play alone. About as much as playing with some one.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree , is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents"

-Nathaniel Bornenstein

I enjoy playing alone when I want to practice a few things. I never score though and generally play a few balls or try the same shot again if I think I may have taken the wrong option.

I only wish I had more time to play practice rounds!!

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

I worry that I'll get bored and part of me loves the competitive edge of having a playing partner.

Compete against yourself brother. I've only played by myself on a par-3 course, where I play 3-4 balls at once. Today I'm scheduled for 18 with the girlfriend, but I've got Pre-operative consultation for LASIK, so I don't know if I'm going to be able to play 18 with my "super-dilated" eyes. As for the solo rounds, I just started a new job, so while I make golfing buddies I have to play by myself. I'm going to try to fit in 9 or 18 after work a couple times this month, before winter sets in. Then, for Christmas, I'm going to Myrtle Beach for a couple of days :)

Driver: r7 10.5*
3W: Black Ti
Irons: CG Gold
Wedges: 54*, Acuity 60*
Putter: Copperhead bladeBall: NXT-Tour

Compete against yourself brother.

I guess I could play one ball aggressively and one ball conservatively and see how that goes. Plus, I'm currently changing my brand of ball so it would make an ideal way to test!

In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

I tend to play better when I'm alone. However, I tend to play too fast when I'm alone and if I get off track it's tough to get it back together.

A few weeks ago I was late leaving work and got to the course almost an hour after the first group in our league had gone out. My wife was on the 4th tee when I got there and there were 3 groups of open golfers ahead of me. They all let me play through and I was able to play the first 5 holes in 27 minutes. I made 4 straight 4's and then caught my wife's group on the par 3 5th green where I made a par. After that it took us over an hour to play the last 4 holes.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 6080 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!