IGNORED

Thick/Fat Putter grips - Which one should I try?

Note: This thread is 3534 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Guys I have completley changed my putting grip and stroke recently and begun using a new putter. (Odyssey Backstryke 2 - 2 ball). My putting has improved dramatically since these changes, but now I am thinking of scrapping the stock odyssey grip on my putter in favour of one of these chunky grips. Reason for the change is that my new grip has me overlapping both sets of fingers almost completley in-order to place both hands almost side by side and keep my thumbs parallel to eachother. So I thought If I got a thick grip that would keep my fingers out of the way and allow me to focus more on my stroke and the pace. If anyone has any grips they'd recommend I would greatly appreciate it, or even If anyone thinks I don't need to change the putter grip I'd like to hear what you think. Thanks.

I use a midsize pistol grip because my hands feel the most comfortable with this size.  That being said, I would recommend going to a golf store and putting with a variety of grips.  Try to find putters with the same length as yours.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like a mid size pistol too. Just feels right. It had taken me a good year though to find the right putter grip

Henry

I had the super stroke 5.0. I putted with that for a full year. I just switched to the 3.0 this past weekend. I putted well with the larger grip but thought I lost a little feel and touch. I  had the 3.0 installed this past Saturday and practice around the living room just to get distance control on a uniform surface and man.... I was loving it! much better response back and feel. I will be taking it to league tonight to test out there. I make the league playoffs and switch my putter feel on the first round of playoffs... makes since right!

Guys I have completley changed my putting grip and stroke recently and begun using a new putter. (Odyssey Backstryke 2 - 2 ball).

My putting has improved dramatically since these changes, but now I am thinking of scrapping the stock odyssey grip on my putter in favour of one of these chunky grips.

Reason for the change is that my new grip has me overlapping both sets of fingers almost completley in-order to place both hands almost side by side and keep my thumbs parallel to eachother. So I thought If I got a thick grip that would keep my fingers out of the way and allow me to focus more on my stroke and the pace.

If anyone has any grips they'd recommend I would greatly appreciate it, or even If anyone thinks I don't need to change the putter grip I'd like to hear what you think.

Thanks.

I have that exact same putter. It takes a bit of getting used to because of the funky shaft lean. I kinda really like the grip on it. It has a pleasing texture from the microbeads that I like, but it's still firm. Maybe play with different gripping methods and see if they feel better with the unique design of the club before switching grips. I use a standard interlocking grip like my full swing. The putter definitely gets a lot of comments on the course.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

ano i get some funny looks about the putter aswell, but its improved my putting. just regripped it with the superstroke fatso there playing with it today cant wait to use it, the grip feels brilliant, frees up my hands so that i can concentrate more on the actual swing now.

Note: This thread is 3534 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!