IGNORED

Cleveland CG7 Black Pearl Tour's or Mizuno MP 52's

Paiste
Note: This thread is 3532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently had my clubs stolen ( the one night I decided to be lazy and leave them in my garage instead of putting them in my basement; no insurance because I left the garage unlocked ) so I'm in the market for new irons. I don't have the funds to buy brand new and the used golf stores in my area have a terrible selection.

I found a set of Cleveland CG7 Black Pearl Tour's and a set of Mizuno MP 52's on-line for a great deal for either or. I'm currently a 10 handicap and my swing gets better each day with constant practice. I'm looking for forgiveness and feel and the on-line reviews I've combed over for each set are almost exactly the same. People rave about both of them.

My previous set was MP 68's and I loved them but I can't find a used set within my budget at the moment. I would just like some feedback to help tip the scales; that's all. I've used player's irons in the past so the blades aren't a necessity. Thanks guys.

Really? Nobody has any feedback? They're both supposedly great clubs and unfortunately I can't test drive them before purchasing so ANY feedback would really help and be appreciated. Cheers.

I've never owned Cleveland's, but I'm a first time owner of Mizuno's.  I've played Ping and Titleist prior and feel my current MP64's are by far the best clubs I've owned.  I say if the clubs fit your specs, you are happy with the appearance represented on the net, then go for it!  You've owned Mizuno's before, so now guess work there.  Why buy a new brand you have no experience with?  Stick with what you know.  Sorry to hear about your loss.  : (

Driver :tmade: R1

Fairwaywood :tmade: Rocketballz Stage 2 15*

Hybrids :ping: i15 20* and 23* Hybrids

Irons :mizuno: MP64 4 - PW

Wedges :edel: 54* and 58* 

Putter :edel: 

Golf Ball :titleist: Pro V1 

Thanks amac. I fairly positive that I'm going to go with the Mizuno's. I like the fact that the MP 52's offer more forgiveness than my previous MP 68's (even though I struck them well), I just like having that extra boost of confidence knowing that you can mishit a little and still get a quality shot. Mizuno's it is.

Good choice.  If you're after forgiveness and might want a little extra distance AND want a few years newer Mizuno technology, check out these JPX 825 Pro's .  On sale at Ebay.  Lots to choose from and probably pretty similar to what you want to spend.

amac

Thanks amac. The MP 52's are in good shape (according to pics) and they're only going to cost me $100, which is a killer deal. They are more of a player's iron like the JPX 825 pro's and less of a blade, with that Mizuno forged feel that we all crave.

$100 is a smoking good deal! Enjoy your new sticks.

Note: This thread is 3532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!