IGNORED

Which golf ball is right for me?

Xbmchs12X
Note: This thread is 6086 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Right now I am playing the Pro V1x, but there are so much money and im not getting them to check with my wedges. My swing speed ranges from 88-94 mph. Is there a better ball out there for my swing speed?

Driver- 9.5 905R
Woods- V-Steel 15*
Hybrid- Rescue Dual 16*
Irons- 3-P Project X 5.5 Wedges- Vokey 54* and 58* Putter- Scotty Ball- Bridgestone B330-S

I am not sure if a 88-94mph swing is enough to really compress the ProV and get the full benefits of its design. There are tons of balls on the market. Really the only way to know if you are going to like them is to try them. Check out the NXT Tour, they are somewhat cheaper and may perform better for you. If you are looking for something around $20/dozen, I think the Pinnacle Exception is the best "cheap" ball on the market, followed by the Bridgestone E series.
In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

I am not sure if a 88-94mph swing is enough to really compress the ProV and get the full benefits of its design. There are tons of balls on the market. Really the only way to know if you are going to like them is to try them. Check out the NXT Tour, they are somewhat cheaper and may perform better for you. If you are looking for something around $20/dozen, I think the Pinnacle Exception is the best "cheap" ball on the market, followed by the Bridgestone E series.

Ya thats why I was thinking about switching from the ProV's to another ball because of what my swig speed is. Im going to try the NXT Tours, is there another balls out there that I should give a shot?

Driver- 9.5 905R
Woods- V-Steel 15*
Hybrid- Rescue Dual 16*
Irons- 3-P Project X 5.5 Wedges- Vokey 54* and 58* Putter- Scotty Ball- Bridgestone B330-S

Try the Nike Blacks or Platinums.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Ya thats why I was thinking about switching from the ProV's to another ball because of what my swig speed is. Im going to try the NXT Tours, is there another balls out there that I should give a shot?

I would also try the other ones I put in my previous post. Nike One balls are great, but are pretty much the same price as the ProV's. Srixon also makes some good balls. Without seeing your swing and typical shot shape it is really hard to tell you what balls to try. Callaway HX Hot are great distance balls, but a little clunky around the greens. Personally I wouldnt buy anything less than $20/dozen because you are going to get glorified rocks for that kind of money. If feel isnt that important to you, or if you cant really tell the difference between golf balls yet, but the cheapest thing you can find.

Here is my opinion on best balls for the price. $20/doz Pinnacle Exception $25/doz Bridgestone E 5/6 $30/doz Last years Nike One - Titleist NXT $40/doz Current Nike One - Callaway HX TOUR $45+/doz Anything in this category is going to perform well, just have to take the time to find the right ball for your game.
In My Bag
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

I would also try the other ones I put in my previous post. Nike One balls are great, but are pretty much the same price as the ProV's. Srixon also makes some good balls. Without seeing your swing and typical shot shape it is really hard to tell you what balls to try. Callaway HX Hot are great distance balls, but a little clunky around the greens. Personally I wouldnt buy anything less than $20/dozen because you are going to get glorified rocks for that kind of money. If feel isnt that important to you, or if you cant really tell the difference between golf balls yet, but the cheapest thing you can find.

Great thanks I think im going to try the NXTs and the Srixons, feel around the green is very important to me, I need a ball that it soft but not too soft, are the NXTs going to give me that feel?

Driver- 9.5 905R
Woods- V-Steel 15*
Hybrid- Rescue Dual 16*

Great thanks I think im going to try the NXTs and the Srixons, feel around the green is very important to me, I need a ball that it soft but not too soft, are the NXTs going to give me that feel?

I would tinker around and see what you like the best. The NXT Tour are going to be a little softer than the NXT Extreme, but if you know how to spin a ball around the greens, you can spin both. The sacrifice is going to be increased spin off the driver face when you go with a softer ball. Seeing that you shoot to a decent cap, I am sure you will know which one is right for you once you play a few rounds with them. Good luck finding the right ball for you and your game.

In My Bag

I would have to say you need to try the Top Flight D2 Feel.

I think they are the best ball for the money by far!

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

I would tinker around and see what you like the best. The NXT Tour are going to be a little softer than the NXT Extreme, but if you know how to spin a ball around the greens, you can spin both. The sacrifice is going to be increased spin off the driver face when you go with a softer ball. Seeing that you shoot to a decent cap, I am sure you will know which one is right for you once you play a few rounds with them. Good luck finding the right ball for you and your game.

Ok, I think im going to try both of the NXTs and see which ones I like better, I have a match today so im going to try them out, thanks for your help

Driver- 9.5 905R
Woods- V-Steel 15*
Hybrid- Rescue Dual 16*

I would have to say you need to try the Top Flight D2 Feel.

Man, those are cool balls. Picked up a few and loved them everywhere except the greens. don't feel right off of the putter, but for the price, I have never played a better ball.

The best feeling in golf is a long walk with a putter - Greg Norman

In my Atlas Bag
FT-3 9° - Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 63S
X-Tour 3 Wood 15° - TT Stiff MP-60 Irons 3-PW - DGS300 2 Up MP-T 51° 56°(10)/60°(4) Vokey SM Oil Can Studio Style Newport 2 V1xHome Course Bear Slide

Man, those are cool balls. Picked up a few and loved them everywhere except the greens. don't feel right off of the putter, but for the price, I have never played a better ball.

Well I would try those, but feel around the green is extremely important to me, and from past experience with Top "rocks" I dont know if I could ever try them again.

Driver- 9.5 905R
Woods- V-Steel 15*
Hybrid- Rescue Dual 16*

Well I would try those, but feel around the green is extremely important to me, and from past experience with Top "rocks" I dont know if I could ever try them again.

I completely understand. Every Top Rock I have played has been, well, a rock. These are different. Look for a lost one around your corse and give it a shot. Not bad with the wedges, it's the putter feel I thought was bad.

The best feeling in golf is a long walk with a putter - Greg Norman

In my Atlas Bag
FT-3 9° - Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 63S
X-Tour 3 Wood 15° - TT Stiff MP-60 Irons 3-PW - DGS300 2 Up MP-T 51° 56°(10)/60°(4) Vokey SM Oil Can Studio Style Newport 2 V1xHome Course Bear Slide

I'm just switching from Callaway Warbirds which were good value for money but didn't have much feel, and going to start using Srixon AD333. I'm not yet able to generate good spin so won't be missing out on that and have been told that these balls are good for someone looking to improve on a budget.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

if feel is what you want, then i'd go with bridgestone b330-s. i can consistently spin these like crazy around the green, and i usually hardly spin anything.

if feel is what you want, then i'd go with bridgestone b330-s. i can consistently spin these like crazy around the green, and i usually hardly spin anything.

Really those souns good, I liked the older brigdestones, but thought they where alittle hard around the green, do they feel good off the putter face?

Driver- 9.5 905R
Woods- V-Steel 15*
Hybrid- Rescue Dual 16*

Note: This thread is 6086 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!