IGNORED

What makes for a good day of golf?

9wood
Note: This thread is 3510 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Any of the following or combination of the following:

1.) Best ball tournament with some fun friends

2.) Playing a good relaxed round with some good players

3.) A group of golfers with a minimum buy in like a blitz or cuts game

4.) Friends

5.) Beer - yea I can be with that group sometimes.. but at least we can play lol

6.) Any best ball tournament with other good players

7.) A birdie run

8.) An eagle (an Ace would do lol)

9.) Friends

10.)  Learning something or getting something to click.

11.)  One really amazing shot (yes, I don't care if I shoot 88 instead of 78, did you see that shot!?!?) lol

12.)  If I win something... It could be a pack of golf tees, I don't care... just win something!

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What constitutes a good day? Playing with my teenage son and his fellow high school buddies.

I've played this game for so, so long and at this point in my golf life I really get the most enjoyment out of watching really good competitive junior players! I've been beyond fortunate that my son took to golf but I'm most proud that he has turned out to be a great kid. That's not my words, but the words of club members and other PGA Junior Tour parents and Pro's! He gets comments about his great looking swing and I get comments about him being a great kid!

So going out with him and the other boys is always a treat and in a couple years it will be greatly missed when they are off to college.

I will likely continue to volunteer as a marshal for the junior tour after my son is done and continue to watch junior players strive to become Players!

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Not going OB on any tee shots, hitting good shots inside 100 yds. Minimal 3 putts

Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5* S driver
Nike VR-S 3W
Cobra AMP Cell 3H
Callaway Big Bertha 3-10i, 50* W
Ping M/B 56* W
Ping M/B 60* W
Odyssey Black Series #8 

I think the best golf outings are when you are striking the ball well, and your buddies are also playing well too.

You can have a great round, but if you know your buddies are really struggling, and frustrated, it kind of ruins it a bit.

• Upvote 1

I think the best golf outings are when you are striking the ball well, and your buddies are also playing well too.

You can have a great round, but if you know your buddies are really struggling, and frustrated, it kind of ruins it a bit.

I agree.  I like to see those I'm playing with play well.  I used to be really concerned with my score and couldn't tell you how the other people in my group were playing because honestly, I didn't pay attention to their shots.  It sounds bad, but I was focused on what my next shot needed to be and how I could put myself in the best position to score low.

That's all changed now...  When I quit for a couple years it was the best thing I could have done for my enjoyment of the game.  When I came back it wasn't with that same expectation of shooting a number...  It was to enjoy the round, I can honestly say it's about fun competition and the key word is FUN...  when golf stops being fun, it's time to take a break and revisit your motives.

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Note: This thread is 3510 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!