IGNORED

help me ID this driver...

coykiam
Note: This thread is 6078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hey guys...I was just at the range today practicing when all of a sudden I hear this solid weird sound. I looked behind me and this guy was using his driver. I've read a couple post regarding the Nike Sasquatch square driver having a loud sound and I have also seen a couple guys used the Nike driver. But when I looked over to peek at the guy behind me to see what he was using, It looked like he was using a Callaway driver. I didn't really wanna ask him what he was using since I'm pretty sure like most of us, we don't wanna be disturb when practicing. Was it the FTi driver? I couldnt see the "red" color.

hey guys...I was just at the range today practicing when all of a sudden I hear this solid weird sound. I looked behind me and this guy was using his driver. I've read a couple post regarding the Nike Sasquatch square driver having a loud sound and I have also seen a couple guys used the Nike driver. But when I looked over to peek at the guy behind me to see what he was using, It looked like he was using a Callaway driver. I didn't really wanna ask him what he was using since I'm pretty sure like most of us, we don't wanna be disturb when practicing. Was it the FTi driver? I couldnt see the "red" color.

Was it a square driver? There are some companies who also in the market for square driver not just limited to Nike and Callaway as supercow has mentioned. However, the only square driver Callaway has is FT-i. If it's not, I'd guess FT-5 or perhaps X460. They're both loud but not like Nike's. Nike's is a total turn off.

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

If it were a FT-i/FT-5 you would be able to tell immediately. There are no other drivers on the market that sound like the FT series. They sound like a rock hitting an aluminum bat....but real loud.
In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

Next time - dont hesitate to ask him - if he plays that any kind of those "boom boxes" he is so used to get asked about it :)

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Just make sure you speak louder when you ask him.

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

it might be the cobra f- speed ld driver. My dad has that driver and it makes a weird noise also.

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

I recently tried the square Nickent driver and it makes a really weird sound...

What's in the Bag

Driver: HiBore 10.5* ProLaunch Blue 65s
Hybrid: No Fear 3i
Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

it might be the cobra f- speed ld driver. My dad has that driver and it makes a weird noise also.

Played somebody over the weekend with that, it's defintely a differnt sound.

The best feeling in golf is a long walk with a putter - Greg Norman

In my Atlas Bag
FT-3 9° - Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 63S
X-Tour 3 Wood 15° - TT Stiff MP-60 Irons 3-PW - DGS300 2 Up MP-T 51° 56°(10)/60°(4) Vokey SM Oil Can Studio Style Newport 2 V1xHome Course Bear Slide

When driver shopping, I could hit that Cobra well, but I couldn't get over it's sound. Waaay too loud for me, and it just doesn't sound like a golf club should to my ear.

Huh, I love the sound of the big Nike - both times I was at the range there was someone wailing one of those. Sure gets your attention.
The Good:
Heavenwood 3h
White Steel Two Ball
Orlimar SOS 56deg SW & 60deg LW
The Free:767 Pro Series 3-9iTomahawk 50deg PWKing Cobra 10.5deg Driver (350cc) 10.5deg Intimidator Driver

Huh, I love the sound of the big Nike - both times I was at the range there was someone wailing one of those. Sure gets your attention.

Im not saying its bad, I actually like it...although its weird...lol..it just turns head especially with the yellow color.

Note: This thread is 6078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!