IGNORED

Guy told me to go " F" myself at the driving range last weekend.

madolive3
Note: This thread is 3442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That's an incredibly stupid thing to say. Walking away from an escalating situation makes you "a victim?" Please. A bigger, smarter man walks away and doesn't feel the need to put himself in a potentially dangerous situation.

This didn't happen at a biker bar, or a crack house or a cock fight. It was some joker saving a stall for his wife at a driving range. He decided to become a knucklehead and verbally abuse someone who was clearly packing up and leaving so Mr Whipped could hit his balls with the missus right by his side. All of a sudden everyone on this board thinks the guy is strapped or could be John Bones Jones, so you better leave him alone or it could get ugly! Whatever. I've never been told to go F myself, but if someone did, I'd have to find out what his problem was. But for the rest of you, tucking tail works too. :-P

Occam's razor

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by phan52

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by phan52

We kicked two members out last year for fighting on the golf course. Actually, it really wasn't a fight, as one guy dropped the other with one shot. Personally, I feel that he was threatened to a point where he was justified in throwing the punch, but the confrontation didn't need to escalate to that point and could have been avoided altogether.

We sent a message and I doubt anything like that will happen again. But who knows, 85% of our membership is either Irish or Italian Catholic and most of them grew up fighting their brothers and sisters at home so it becomes kind of second nature.

Originally Posted by Lihu

Not stereotyping or anything, right?

I agree that there are cultures where fighting is part of life, and it usually doesn't escalate past a couple punches. However, in some cultures if you punch someone it could escalate well beyond that.

Being an Irish Catholic myself and growing up being surrounded by Irish and Italian Catholics, I believe I speak from experience. Big families and plenty of infighting. But pretty much in-house. I remember that my older brother was the only one who was allowed to kick my ass and anybody else tried, he had something to say about it.

The two guys who got into it were both hardheaded, emotional guys of Irish desent, and neither one of them would dispute that description.

Being Italian and Irish Catholic myself, I am constantly kicking my own ass.

All this is pretty much

I'm Irish-Italian too, part me wants to get drunk and they other part doesn't wanna pay.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

We are slowly working toward closing down this thread ....

Yup.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!