IGNORED

Value of Keeping Your Head Down? (Or Not)

HeadDown
Note: This thread is 3430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So you're saying the image first appears 0.15 seconds after impact, and I'm saying that good players are moving their heads 0.08 seconds after impact. Do you see what the issue continues to be? That's still almost twice as long, and that's without factoring in any time to recognize the image.

The avatar doesn't demonstrate anything, Kevin. I virtually guarantee his head has rotated by that point in time… and that point in time is likely about 0.1 seconds after impact, or about 2/3 of the time before your device will first display an image.

His eyes are still in the area of his ball and his club is pointed at the near zenith of our sky.  You say this is .1 second after impact?  I appreciate your feedback as it has spurred me to examine the process in detail unlike before.  It is all helpful to understand what is happening.  When I say I'm the only one who has used the device this is not necessarily true.  The past few weeks at the club range, I've had people walk up and ask me what I was doing.  A few have tried it and thought it would be a useful training aid.  They have professed themselves as "pros".  I have also run into one who is stating exactly what you are stating.  Different ideas.  As mentioned I was at a prominent PGA training/sales facility and they are interesting in testing it.  I also had a moment to explain the product to Ben Crenshaw Thursday and his eyes popped and jaw dropped a little when the light went off in his head.

Can I say that or will that be deleted?

• Administrator

His eyes are still in the area of his ball and his club is pointed at the near zenith of our sky.

His head is likely already rotating. And this is before your device would even show the image. Look at his right arm. It's nearly in the same position as I've shown - horizontal, or A9.

You say this is .1 second after impact?

It's an estimate based on his right arm.

When I say I'm the only one who has used the device this is not necessarily true. The past few weeks at the club range, I've had people walk up and ask me what I was doing.  A few have tried it and thought it would be a useful training aid.  They have professed themselves as "pros".  I have also run into one who is stating exactly what you are stating.  Different ideas.  As mentioned I was at a prominent PGA training/sales facility and they are interesting in testing it.  I also had a moment to explain the product to Ben Crenshaw Thursday and his eyes popped and jaw dropped a little when the light went off in his head.

Can I say that or will that be deleted?

Ben seems like a nice guy. Can't say I've seen him giving many lessons to people, though.

I've shared what I think. Good luck.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Buddy stop digging.-Very real objections are being raised and you ask if your post will be deleted?-Why? Youve gotten to 'promote' your product now several times despite still not paying for a sponsorship. Your bull in china shop thing was correct, but you are not giving others the respect they deserve. Look around.-Forget me, @iacas knows what hes talking about and unlike me has a bajillion posts here to go toward that as well as people who have worked with him in person. Your response?-'Keep your head down is an old saying'? Really?[quote name="HeadDown" url="/t/78627/value-of-keeping-your-head-down-or-not/36#post_1085064"] Can I say that or will that be deleted? [/quote]
  • Upvote 1

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Buddy stop digging.-Very real objections are being raised and you ask if your post will be deleted?-Why?

Youve gotten to 'promote' your product now several times despite still not paying for a sponsorship. Your bull in china shop thing was correct, but you are not giving others the respect they deserve. Look around.-Forget me, @iacas knows what hes talking about and unlike me has a bajillion posts here to go toward that as well as people who have worked with him in person.

Your response?-'Keep your head down is an old saying'? Really?

I've been trying to explain the idea...how can I do that without referencing it?  Unlike you...Iacas has been helpful.

cheers!

• Administrator
I've been trying to explain the idea...

I think everyone here understands what your product aims to do.

@Phil McGleno 's advice to you above should be considered, not dismissed.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think everyone here understands what your product aims to do.

Yup. @HeadDown , I get it, but now I want to know why. Why do I need to keep my head down so long and how will it actually help my swing?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 3430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!