IGNORED

My Swing (ASUslacker14)

ASUslacker14
Note: This thread is 2879 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 6 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 85-95

My typical ball flight is: Straight Fade

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Pull Hook/Push Slice

Videos:

Didn't know my buddy was recording this, but after a bad round I'd figure it was a good time to get some feedback.

Was either pull hooking or push slicing it today. I was totally lost and couldn't control where my ball was going.

I'll try to post more videos from the front view and in slow motion, but just looking for anything to work on.

Also in the video above it went on line where I wanted just faded instead of drawing like I wanted.

And yes my buddy had to remind me that it was heading for the woods lol

Welcome to the site. Post a face on view when you can. I have a good idea what's going on but rather not speculate.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Looks like the frame seen in this video:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ok so I finally got a chance to go to the range, I watched the video you posted Eric and tried to keep that elbow in.

The ball wasn't hooking or slicing as much but I was still pulling shots when things weren't going right.

But I was hitting it better then when I played last week.

Here are some more vids to look at folks.

But I was hitting it better then when I played last week.

Good to hear. Keep an eye on that right elbow. Also check out this post, you head goes too far forward on the downswing causing you to swing across the ball. http://thesandtrap.com/t/55101/my-swing-deason/90#post_1090782

Mike McLoughlin

Alright thank you for taking some time and helping a brother out.

But I do have some questions as well.

I've spent some reading the through the website so I know you guys usually only want people working on one thing at a time but . . .

1) I see you usually tell people to angle out their feet more, are mine angled out enough?

2) When I watch the videos to keeping your head still, they always refer to lateral movement.  Is the head dipping or raising just as bad?

3) Lastly, is it ok to move your head after impact?

I figure I'll post vids when I have actually seen some improvement to get the next 2 or 3 (hundred) flaws with my swing :-D .

Also I knew my head was going foward, but I did it since all the golf magazines talk about downward attack angles and forward shaft lean. Guess I was just trying to cheat the system ha ha.

1) I see you usually tell people to angle out their feet more, are mine angled out enough?

I would turn both of them out about 10 degrees more.

2) When I watch the videos to keeping your head still, they always refer to lateral movement.  Is the head dipping or raising just as bad?

Typically not. It's normal for the head to lower a bit on the downswing.

3) Lastly, is it ok to move your head after impact?

The head stays steady on the downswing. It can move forward after A9 (trail arm parallel to the ground).

Mike McLoughlin

• 4 months later...

Ok its been about five months and I've been working on the elbow and head thing.

Thanks for the help as I've been hitting the ball the best since I started playing 10 years ago.

Each iron is up 10 yards and I've put 20-30 yards on my drives (220-240 now).

I've finally got a side vid of my 6-iron.

Is it much better then before? It still looks like I bring my head forward but not as much, and I bring it back and up before impact.

Is this a better move or is completely still what I should strive for?

• 11 months later...

Ok I've worked on keeping my head from coming forward on the downswing but have struggled to keep it from going up. Any ideas or drills to keep me from doing this? Here are couple of videos to show what I mean.

Also I seem to be letting that elbow get back again so I'll work on that.

Note: This thread is 2879 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!