IGNORED

My Swing (GolfLug)

10 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Get off my chest!!! Sole focus on getting arms above chest - no contact. 

Screenshot_20210422-204315.png

Is your target middle C?😜

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Need to find a consistent feel to sustain this picture. As of now it is 'keep right arm straight' as long as possible. 

In this thread. Page 3 It is also similar to the soft trail arm challenge feel.  

A quick check after work today. Trying to feel a full torso turn while keeping incline. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Is your target middle C?😜

Yes, and if I hit it, it will be music to my ears..😊

• Funny 1

• Administrator

See how the path is going to be more of a fade path though? This ties into the slightly laid off feel we’ve had you do to this point.

54 minutes ago, iacas said:

See how the path is going to be more of a fade path though? This ties into the slightly laid off feel we’ve had you do to this point.

Interesting.. didn't even notice. Makes sense though. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Few minutes today. Lost couple of weeks for work and travel. Still doesn't seem like I am getting to the widest. FEELS wide as heck. 

Edited by GolfLug

• Administrator

It's not as wide as it could be because it goes out too much early, which then makes it go "around" more.

Shoulders turn steeper, hands go more straight back to start. Right elbow goes away from your ribs, not behind toward your shirt seam.

6 hours ago, iacas said:

It's not as wide as it could be because it goes out too much early, which then makes it go "around" more.

Ahh yes, that is correct! It feels like the whole hands-arms-club unit gets dynamically sucked 'into' me no matter how much I try to keep it away at the top and into transition. 

6 hours ago, iacas said:

Shoulders turn steeper, hands go more straight back to start. Right elbow goes away from your ribs, not behind toward your shirt seam.

It makes sense. Admittedly hard habit to break but at least I know now. Thanks.

(edited)

Super plush lie chipping practice in the backyard this morning. It's like eating dessert for breakfast. Total guilty pleasure and no nutritional value.. 😂

Edited by GolfLug
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Super plush lie chipping practice in the backyard this morning. It's like eating dessert for breakfast. Total guilty pleasure and no nutritional value.. 😂

Do it off the driveway then!😜

• Funny 1

Trying to take hands straight back.

Sorry about the darkness, #wiferules. Same attempt - hands straight back to get wide at top.

On 4/9/2021 at 11:38 AM, iacas said:

@GolfLug, by Sunday… a video of you with massive

W   I   D   T   H

As I said, days 2, 3, 19, and 20.

Yeah, so did day 19 drill with an imaginary band to help feel hand path A1-A2.

• Administrator

What differences do you see here?

Look at the right elbow.

W-I-D-T-H, man. You can't get enough. YOU can't get enough.

01.jpg

On 5/7/2021 at 11:26 PM, iacas said:

I think I am starting to understand the need for hand depth to gain width. 

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

I think I am starting to understand the need for hand depth to gain width. 

Kinda, but kinda the opposite too.

If you push your hands "out" early, they'll "suck in" late and fold/collapse.

If you just turn (ideally on a steeper angle with your shoulders), and lift, and fold barely… they'll be plenty wide and deep enough.

• Like 1

(edited)
15 minutes ago, iacas said:

If you push your hands "out" early, they'll "suck in" late and fold/collapse.

I have played with this push-out early then suck in collapse loopy move for so long, the Mylan coating on my brain pathways is like 40 years old veneer on hardwood. 

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

If you just turn (ideally on a steeper angle with your shoulders), and lift, and fold barely… they'll be plenty wide and deep enough.

I really need a few good rounds at some point with this move then I can get some trust and re-Mylan for good. I have literally been losing all context half way through the downswing and jump on the ball abandoning all trust. Scores are a bit comical but I understand where we need to go (I said 'we', hah). Need to survive the lows this year. Digging deep for patience.  

Edited by GolfLug