IGNORED

Cobra vs Titleist

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 6086 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I began to like products that Titleist produces and also started to get curious about other products that Acushnet makes. I was wondering how Cobra Speed Pro S performs compared to Titleist 907D2. Also curious about Cobra Speed Pro Fairway compared to Titleist 906F2 and Cobra Baffler Pro compared to Titleist 585.H. Please give a brief comparison, review, comments etc. Thanks.
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

i don't know about the specific products, but i do know that Titleist is aimed more at golf purists who want traditional equipment aimed at better players, whereas cobra is aimed a t the huge high MOI driver crowd who are more focused on hitting the ball as far as possible

i don't know about the specific products, but i do know that Titleist is aimed more at golf purists who want traditional equipment aimed at better players, whereas cobra is aimed a t the huge high MOI driver crowd who are more focused on hitting the ball as far as possible

I think that may be a little bit of an over-generalization about Cobra. They do make the Speed Pro drivers, the Carbon CB irons, as well as the Forged CB irons. I'll agree that "in general" Cobra makes products that are more forgiving, but to say that Cobra only markets to the high MOI driver crowd, etc. is a little over the top to me. Cobra has products that fit a broad range of ability levels, whereas Titleist is focused primarily on the better players.

As far as the OP's question of comparing the 907D2 and the Speed Pro S, they are both nice hitting clubs. The 907D2 has more shaft options available stock, but only comparing the ones I've hit (The Speed Pro S against the 907D2 with the V2 shaft), I prefer the Cobra. Mainly I'm just not that big of a fan of the V2 shaft but it was the only shaft option available to demo. With the VS Proto or the YS-6+ that are available, the 907 would feel better to me, but I haven't been able to try those. Obviously both can be custom ordered with a variety of different shafts and both are good heads. Finding the right combination is the important part. For my swing and based on the two "stock" models that I tried, the Speed Pro S performed better, but I can see why a lot of people also like the 907D2. A co-worker of mine tried the Speed Pro and couldn't get the ball off the ground but had no trouble with the 907D2. It just fit him better.

New Driver Ordered
New 3 Wood Ordered
Two New Hybrids Ordered
I-701 Irons 5-PW w/ Rifle 5.0
Callaway X-Forged Vintage Wedges 50/12, 54/14, 58/10 (C-Grind Sole) w/ Rifle 5.5Yes! Marilyn 33" Z-URS ||| SkyCaddie SG 2.5 ||| Clicgear Model 2.0

I think that may be a little bit of an over-generalization about Cobra. They do make the Speed Pro drivers, the Carbon CB irons, as well as the Forged CB irons. I'll agree that "in general" Cobra makes products that are more forgiving, but to say that Cobra only markets to the high MOI driver crowd, etc. is a little over the top to me. Cobra has products that fit a broad range of ability levels, whereas Titleist is focused primarily on the better players.

that's what it was, a broad generalization. Titleist focuses on better players, and Cobra focuses on game improvement.

Note: This thread is 6086 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!