IGNORED

2015 U.S. Women's World Cup Soccer (was Hope Solo)

Abu3baid
Note: This thread is 3216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah....just awful. Horrible way to end it. That will be her Scott Hoch putt.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I never blame the fullback for an own goal.  They are trying to make a play. If she let it pass, it may have been a breakaway goal.

When I was coaching I would tell my team, "When we score a goal, the whole team scored the goal not just the teammate that took the shot. When they score a goal, our team let them score."   This helped them play better as a unit, set up for shots on goal and play great defense on the entire pitch.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I never blame the fullback for an own goal.  They are trying to make a play. If she let it pass, it may have been a breakaway goal. When I was coaching I would tell my team, "When we score a goal, the whole team scored the goal not just the teammate that took the shot. When they score a goal, our team let them score."   This helped them play better as a unit, set up for shots on goal and play great defense on the entire pitch.

Kind words, but won't soften the blow. Japan didn't score the goal. Bassett scored the goal against her own team. That's a tough one to shake off. There were 100 things ok she could've done with the ball. One bad one. She did the one. But hopefully her friends and family will help her let go of some of the pain. I feel for her.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Kind words, but won't soften the blow. Japan didn't score the goal. Bassett scored the goal against her own team. That's a tough one to shake off. There were 100 things ok she could've done with the ball. One bad one. She did the one. But hopefully her friends and family will help her let go of some of the pain. I feel for her.

I realize that you are probably exaggerating the "100 things", but the angle the ball was coming in, and the distance it was from the reach of her foot there was really only two options as I see it.  Try to do what she did and failed at, or let the ball go.  Feel for her, but hey, at least it was nice looking OG. :-)

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

I never blame the fullback for an own goal.  They are trying to make a play. If she let it pass, it may have been a breakaway goal.

When I was coaching I would tell my team, "When we score a goal, the whole team scored the goal not just the teammate that took the shot. When they score a goal, our team let them score."   This helped them play better as a unit, set up for shots on goal and play great defense on the entire pitch.

She's lucky she's not Columbian!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A9s_Escobar

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Lessgo Girls, I'm pretty pumped up. For soccer, what? Yep, pretty cool stuff.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

On pace for 20-0.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

This is going to be the first team to win a World Cup without a single positive op-ed being written about them the entire time. Every single ****ing column has been about his shit their offense has been or how their back line has had to bail everyone else out. How about they're just really ****ing good at soccer?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Well damn! :dance: This shit is ridiculous! Hahahahaha! On a sad note, I just found out Ali Krieger is apparently gay, I'm quite disappointed.

Riley

Japan wasn't prepared, this is fun

On pace for 20-0.

Recalculating.... 4-0 after 16".  That's 22.5-0.

Well damn!

Damn damn. And I'll add a wow.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

This is going to be the first team to win a World Cup without a single positive op-ed being written about them the entire time. Every single ****ing column has been about his shit their offense has been or how their back line has had to bail everyone else out. How about they're just really ****ing good at soccer?

I take it all back. This is not a time for soapboxing. :banana:

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Was actually hoping for another Japan goal to make it interesting. Gotta think Japan will go all out offensively which should leave them susceptible. I'll predict a 6-2 final score.

Was actually hoping for another Japan goal to make it interesting. Gotta think Japan will go all out offensively which should leave them susceptible. I'll predict a 6-2 final score.

Looks like you got your wish for that Japan goal. Then your next wish to make it 5-2. Let's see if your third wish gets granted for 6-2.

Dammit JJ! She's been great all tournament, but a couple big mistakes .

Alex Morgan is not unattractive.

Alex Morgan somehow has star power, but I swear keeps her head down and rarely looks up once the ball is near her- I've noticed that a few times tonight. At the neighborhood cookout last night, Morgan was taking the brunt of the criticism about our team- even from the most well-informed women, one of  whom played at the college level. I think her star will be waning after this a bit.  Overall, the mood was that we were peaking at just the right time though, and most felt we would win easily since Japan looked shaky.

I still think we dodged a huge bullet by not having that JJ mistake against Germany lead to a 1-0 deficit and a red card for her (and being stuck with 10 players for the rest of the semi-final game).

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Looks like you got your wish for that Japan goal. Then your next wish to make it 5-2. Let's see if your third wish gets granted for 6-2.  Alex Morgan somehow has star power, but I swear keeps her head down and rarely looks up once the ball is near her- I've noticed that a few times tonight. At the neighborhood cookout last night, Morgan was taking the brunt of the criticism about our team- even from the most well-informed women, one of  whom played at the college level. I think her star will be waning after this a bit.  Overall, the mood was that we were peaking at just the right time though, and most felt we would win easily since Japan looked shaky.  I still think we dodged a huge bullet by not having that JJ mistake against Germany lead to a 1-0 deficit and a red card for her (and being stuck with 10 players for the rest of the semi-final game).

Yeah, but she's cute :-P. And a Cal alum!

Riley

Note: This thread is 3216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!