IGNORED

Michael Campbell vs. Tiger Woods

iacas
Note: This thread is 6884 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
As I watch the final round of the U.S. Open, I'm both rooting for Tiger Woods and against Michael Campbell. I won't be disappointed if Campbell wins, but I'm just hoping it's close. Right now, Tiger's missed two good chances at birdie on 13 and 14 and Campbell holed one back on 12 when he barely expected to make the green. Good tee shot by Tiger at 15 - can he hole it to get within two?

Let's see how things go! Campbell is driving off of 14 and nailed another fairway. He's playing excellent golf. Absolutely excellent.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Tiger holes it at 15 and Campbell shoves it to 8 feet behind him on 14 after hearing the roar. All others have fallen back to +4 or worse. Retief is playing like Ernie Els this year!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Campbell misses. And now Retief bogeys to go to +5. Wowee. He's on his way to a 78 or worse.

• Administrator

Two bogeys on 16 and 17. Way to bring it to the house, Tiger! Jeepers. I know you have to go at the putt on 17, and I know the bounce you got on 16 was not what you were expecting (though it looked pretty normal on TV), but c'mon... pars in an Open are never bad.

• Administrator
Campbell birdies 17. Game over.

Unbelievable. Unbelievable.

I don't know what's more shocking, Retief shooting an 81 in the final round, or Retief still finishing in a tie for 11th after shooting an 81 in the final round.

That was just absolutely shocking after how he played the first 3 days. I could have seen it coming if he would have finished badly after his bogey, double bogey stretch yesterday on the back nine. But after he finished with 3 birdies, I thought it was lights out.

Great job by Michael Campbell, he definitely deserved the victory. Great run by Tiger, but he missed a couple short ones that cost him in the end..

Great tournament, but I'm still in shock, as Retief is one of my favorites.

At least I said the winning score would be even or worse, that's the only thing I got right.

Woke up this morning to the news that Campbell won against tiger... Im sure that all the Kiwis will be having a celabratory beer over this (i know i will ;) )...

Ive been following Campbell from a distance for the last few years, mainly as he is the only Kiwi golfer of note that I know of. Its good to see him finally get his name up there..

After nearly winning The Open quite a few years ago at St Andrews ?...hasnt Campbell's career been a bit of a roller coaster ? Anydue - fair dinkum to the guy.That course certainly sorted the men from the boys - i think its fair to say us guys (and gals) couldnt even contemplate the difficulty of it.

Congrats Camps

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

Note: This thread is 6884 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!