IGNORED

Ball markers

carlwickow
Note: This thread is 3323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No penalty.  Tapping down the marker is considered to be a continuation  of the process of marking even if it is done later.

Per the rule - are you calling this accidental movement?

Accidental movement of the marker in the process of marking in terms of Rule 20-1,  and Decisions 20-1/6 and  20-1/15

I owe this guy his $20 back, don't I?

In my view yes. :-) But I should say I'm not alone in that view.

It was accidental for sure. I’ll just give him $20 when I see him this weekend. Thanks for the information.

I agree with ColinL. You should probably pay the guy or make some other bet and do a double or nothing. I've got a great golf bar bet if anyone would be interested. It could probably be a thread in itself.

It's actually a question that was thrown out to us one year at the USGA/PGA Rules workshop. About 120 officials in the room and no one knew the answer. The instructor told us he asked another class as well and no one got it either. the tough part about the question is 'no hints' are given. A bunch of us even looked it up and still could not get the answer. One of you guys might but unless you were in the class or have heard the question, I doubt it.

I don't like telling the world because then I might lose money somewhere.

It's actually a question that was thrown out to us one year at the USGA/PGA Rules workshop. About 120 officials in the room and no one knew the answer. The instructor told us he asked another class as well and no one got it either. the tough part about the question is 'no hints' are given. A bunch of us even looked it up and still could not get the answer. One of you guys might but unless you were in the class or have heard the question, I doubt it.

I'm curious... send it to me in a PM.  I've done a couple of workshops, but I don't recall ever having a stumper put to the class as a whole.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Me too, if you don't mind.......does it involve a ball on a tee by chance?

Regards,

John

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!