IGNORED

Rescue club - Titleist 585.H vs. Taylormade Rescue TP

Note: This thread is 6037 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Both hybrids are tour perferred: I need a hybrid club, becuase i have this terrible gap between my 3 iron and my 3 wood. So i was thinking of gettin a 21* loft (4).

Now the main question: WHAT DO I BUY, THE Titleist 585.H OR Taylormade Rescue TP, and why?

btw: the taylormade rescue tp, is not the dual, if you didnt know.

I won't tell you which one to buy because you'll have to make that choice, but I will tell you about my choice. I picked up a 19* Titleist 585 about a month ago. I love the way it sets up and the feel of the club. I've been very happy with it off the tee or off the deck. In fact, I just added a 17* 585, because I was so impressed with the other. I'll probably interchange them depending on the course I'm playing.
I'm sure the Taylor Made is a great club as well. You just need to find which one works for you.

BTW - Both of my hybrids have the X-Stiff shaft which works well for me. That's another decision you'll have to make, as to which shaft works best for your swing.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

I've always loved Taylormade products, and their hybrids especially. However, Titleist makes great hybrids as well. Demo and see which one is better.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

• Administrator
Now the main question: WHAT DO I BUY, THE Titleist 585.H OR Taylormade Rescue TP, and why?

You could go two different ways:

1) You could pick up my TM Rescue Dual TP in this thread . It's basically brand new and still offers the two ports so you can tune its performance. Give it a try and if you don't like it you wouldn't be out much cash. You could probably re-sell it for the original price. 2) Pick up a 585.H in 19 or even 17 degrees. I replaced my old 19° TM Rescue Dual TP with a 17° 585.H to fill the same gap as you - the gap between my 3-wood and my 3-iron. The 19° TM RD TP hit the ball too high, all the time, and wasn't easily controlled. A half swing still sent the ball 180 (say, from the trees), but so what? The 585.H is great. It's solid, I can change the ball flight in any direction (high, low, fade, draw), it feels great at impact, it gets to the ball from any lie. You really probably can't go wrong with either... but you may want a stronger loft than 21 regardless of the way you go. P.S. No need for big red text. It's obnoxious.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Titleist 585H was my choice. I tried both 585H and Rescue TP before my decision as well. 585H had a lower flight and more workable. Rescue TP was slightly more forgiving but I don't think you are looking for forgiveness if you wan't to play with these clubs. I also liked the fact that 585H is shorter by 0.5" but that is not a big deal if you are going to custom order TM as well. Both nice clubs but prefered the setup, looks and feel of 585H.. Plus I liked the borethrough of Titleist better...
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

I have the 19 deg 585H and it is an outstanding club. It replaced my Nike Ignite 5wood. And I as much as I liked the Ignite I like the 585 so much more. It is very versatile being great off the tee box or from the rough . I'm a mid to high handicapper and I was a little a concerned after reading Erik's review where he stated that this was not a club meant for my game but after using it I have to say he couldn't be more wrong. If I can hit 200+ off the tee box and 180+ from difficult lies you shoud be able to work wonders with this club. Go hit both clubs and see which works best for you but the Titleist will surely not disappoint.

You could go two different ways:

he mentioned in his post that he was considering the taylormade rescue tp NOT the rescue dual which you were talking about all through your post. the rescue tp is definitely different than the rescue dual

even though i have the rescue tp right now, i can't really tell you much about it because i'm going through a major swing change right now so I haven't hit it much at all. sorry about that. However, someone I know tried out my club at the range (he's quite a good player) and he worked the ball amazingly. Called out every shot: high draw, high fade, low draw, low fade, high straight,high low. etc In terms of workability, the rescue tp definitely does not slack. also. i would go with around an 18* + 1 rather than a 21 to fill your 3iron to 3wood gap. if you have a 17 degree, you can always back up a little and hit it a little shorter but you can't do that the other way around.

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

• Administrator
he mentioned in his post that he was considering the taylormade rescue tp NOT the rescue dual which you were talking about all through your post. the rescue tp is definitely different than the rescue dual

I know that. I can read. I figured he was saying this because the "Rescue TP" is the current model, not necessarily because he didn't want to consider the Rescue Dual. The Rescue TP, in my eyes, is actually a bit of a step backwards with the removal of the weight ports.

Furthermore, since my option included "buy it really inexpensively," he could give it a bit of a test run to see if he even liked it without losing much. Calm down Sparky.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 5 weeks later...
I just recently picked up the 17deg Rescue TP and a 14.5deg Burner Fairway TP. Both are great clubs. I hear good things about the 585h but around these parts (Pittsburgh West) the stores tend to stock up on TM, not so much Titleist. A couple of stores didn't have a single 585h in stock, and these were big chains....
In My Bag:

Driver: 9.5° FT-i LCG
3-wood: 15° X Tour
Hybrid: 18° FT HybridHybrid: 23° Baffler ProIrons: X-20 Tour 5-9Wedges: CG 12 Black Pearl 46/50/56/60Putter: 32" X3Ball: TP BlackHome Course: Blackmoor Golf Club (136/71.2)

I have the 585 21* and i find that its harder to hit than most hybrids. The other hybrids I used, you can just pick them up and within 2 or 3 swings hit it pretty easily. The reason I use the 585 (over the Adams Idea Pro, which I sold) is that it gives me a more distance and acts more like a fairway wood than a long iron. I have not hit the TP so I can't give you a fair comparison, but I am happy with the Titleist. It just takes some time to learn how to use it.

Note: This thread is 6037 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!