IGNORED

Big Break Mesquite

Ben
Note: This thread is 3737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

regarding Heroshi's "fake" humility comment... I see Josh about once a week at 2 of our local courses. He says Herohsi's only problem is that he doesn't know how good he is. He's genuinely humble - and nice. We're obviously all routing for Josh here ;)

Being the in-experienced golfer i dont think Josh really needs to be commenting on what Hiroshi needs to do.

I didn't take that as Josh ripping the guy. In fact, I would say just the opposite. He is saying that this guy has a great game and a ton of ability. It sounds like Hiroshi needs to be a little more selfish at times.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Benoit didn't bug me, but his hats did. I really like Kevin, although he doesn't seem to be as good a golfer as the others, he just has a knack for being clutch or lucky at the right times during elimination. It cracks me up that Gerry once wrestled for WWE. His neurosis is entertaining to watch.

In my C-130 bag:

Driver: G10 10.5*
3 Wood: Burner
Irons: G10 steel AWT shafts, silver dot, +1" (3-SW)Wedge: cg12 58*Putters: Squareback 2, California Coronado Low score (18 holes): 90Low score (9 holes): 42

I'm new to this site and didn't feel like reading all of the posts so I hope I'm not repeating much that has already been said. I love the Big Break show and have watched the past 3 or 4 seasons religiously. I think Hiroshi is the best to ever come through Big Break. His swing is perfect. And, if I'm not mistaking, wasn't he hitting a 3 iron like 265 yards or something like that. I honestly think that other than being able to hit a driver a country mile, Gerry is terrible. I'm looking forward to the following episodes, and looking forward to getting to know some of you fellow golfers on here. Thanks for the time.

.. It cracks me up that Gerry once wrestled for WWE. His neurosis is entertaining to watch.

that guy is strange. it was hilarious when he couldn't watch his "good friends" make key shots.. Gees and his wedge swing kinda scares me. i sure hope Josh and Heroshi make it to the end.

in the Ogio Grom stand bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9°
Wood: Taylormade V Steel 15°
Hybrid: Callaway x series 24°
Irons: Taylormade r7 4-SWWedge: Mizuno MP T 58° Putter: Taylormade Rossa Modena 8Ball: TopFlite D2 Feel & recycled Titleist Pro V1x's

Benoit is funny because his look is exactly the look I make my golfer look like in Tiger Woods Golf just because its not a common look. I was indifferent on the guy though.

Hiroshi being humble, I think you need to be a little cocky to play this game well, at this level, not so much cocky but having that confidence that you can hit all of the shots. But not the over confidence that you try stupid shots because you think you can hit the remarkable one all of the time.

i've only started watching it and its pretty good.Im thinking hiroshi will go the whole way but josh is pretty good aswell.Kevin is amazing the way he always goes to the elimination but always pulls through!

The more I practise the luckier I get!

In the bag:

SQ Sumo 9.5 stiff NDS 3 wood 15 deg reg CPR 3 hybrid reg Pro Combo graphite reg shaft Ignite 001 putter one+platinum golf ball

The production value of this show has gotten much much better. Especially the dude announcer and Stephanie. Much tighter feel to the show.

It's clearly Josh and Hiroshi who should advance to the finals. I would like to see either of them make it. Now what happens after that, their actual "big break' with the Mayacoba Classic, I think Hiroshi has the most potential in using this as a giant step for his career.

Side Note: artfulgolfer Do you play at Santa Maria C.C.? One of my coworkers is from there and is good buddies with Josh as well.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Finnaly kevin is gone, good guy, but he sucks with the long game

True, but "bomber" Jerry couldn't find a patch a green with a big stick either. I liked Kevin - he always kept his cool even when he wasn't scoring points.

Brian is a good golfer, but he showed himself to be a bit of an today when he started commenting on Jerry. Not that he wasn't right OR that it wasn't sometimes funny. It's just not conduct I'd want to broadcast on national TV. Josh moved up well this week too. He's looking very solid. Hiroshi looked great the first challenge but seemed to botch everything after the first stop in the second challenge. Hiroshi and Josh are the best two pics for the end. I hope Hiroshi wins it all and gets his chance to play on tour. Josh is great and he'll have a chance to play in the big game probably too.

In the bag:
Driver:  Burner 10.5* Stiff     ||    3 Wood:  Burner 13* Stiff     ||     Hybrids:  Slingshot 17*, 21*, 24* Utility

Irons:  MX-300 5-PW     ||     Gap & Sand Wedge:  Spin-Milled Black Nickel 52.08* / 58.08*

Putter:  VP-09 Blade 33"     ||     Ball:  Penta TP

I can't believe Gerry beat out Kevin. I wanted Gerry to go home so bad last night. Kevin definately deserves to still be there instead of him.

Driver:  Speedline 9.5° w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch AXIS Red Shaft
Fairway:  '07 Burner Fairways
Irons:  Apex Edge 3-W

Wedge:  52° & 58° /  60° 588 Satin

Putter:  Anser 4

Side Note:

Ben, I play about 15 minutes north of that at Monarch Dunes. BTW, Josh just got back from winning a Cal Players Tour event at Primm and won another event a couple weeks ago at Ojai. Shot a 63 on his 1st round at Ojai. It's been fun running into him after each episode and asking about the show. Overall, a good bunch of guys. Next BB is all women.

www.artfulgolfer.com

I am liking Josh more with each episode. He just seems like a good guy. I think he is the only one who can really give Hiroshi a run. You can see his confidence growing with each show. I won't be suprised if he makes his way to the Tour in the near future. Being under the microscope of a national TV audience will only make these guys better players in the future.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I see Matt Every is T3 after the first day of the final stage of Q School; Tommy Gainey from previous shows is T7. A long 4 days ahead, but great starts for the Big Break alumni.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

This has been a good season, but doesn't it seem like guys are always choking in the elimations. I'm not sure that there has been an elimation where good golf was played by everyone in it. And if I see one more snap hook I'm going to jump through the TV and lead tape the toe of everyone's driver on the show.

In the Bag:
Driver:Adams Speedline F11 9 degree RIP Gamma 

3 Wood: Adams Fast 10 15 degrees Voodoo shaft
Hybrid: Irons: Mizuno MP59 Sensicore  XStiff

Wedges: Cleveland Gun Metal 52 56 degree

Putter: Rife: Belly Barbados Tropical

Ball: Titliest Pro V 1

I am liking Josh more with each episode. He just seems like a good guy. I think he is the only one who can really give Hiroshi a run. You can see his confidence growing with each show. I won't be suprised if he makes his way to the Tour in the near future. Being under the microscope of a national TV audience will only make these guys better players in the future.

I am liking him more and more too. Gerry hits some of the worst shots I've seen and then gets the luckies lie in the world what 5 or 6 times throughout the show in the mountains. He will be gone soon though I'm sure.

I liked Gerry until two shows ago, then he started making (IMO) stupid statements and refused to watch which lost me. Then last show he talks about 'striping' a two iron that ends up in the rocks, and 'striping' a five iron that misses the green, and justifying hitting it further up on the mountain because he can get a better lie up there than halfway down the mountain.

He is starting to sound delusional. I think it is because he is aware that he is the worst golfer left, and has been for awhile and he feels like he needs to defend himself.

Note: This thread is 3737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!