IGNORED

Is it time for me to purchase a new driver shaft? (Plz help)

Weltall
Note: This thread is 6059 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok, here's my current situation. I drive about 220 to 250 on average, if I swing the right way. The problem is, I can only get these results if I swing REALLY slow and controlled. WHile I don't want to be a power swinger, I'd like to put some effort into my hits for the sake of feel.

When I put some muscle into my swings, it always slices. But when I swing very lightly, my drives are consistent. I have friends who played longer than me and I"m just as consistent, if not more, with the driver because I practiced driving only at the range, when I first started.

On one hand, I"m still pretty new to golf, in terms of time, so it's very possible that I just don't have enough control over my swings at a faster rate. Logically, it doesn't make sense for someone relatively new to get equipment upgrades already.

On the other hand, I read that Callaway BB460 drivers (Aldila NVS55, Regular Flex) are very flexy from the standard flexes and a stiffer flex would allow me to put more force into my swing, without slicing. My shots also shoot really high, which I can't seem to help, and I feel like I'm holding the most deliquette equipment because I have to swing so carefully and slow... plus it's REALLY light (I'm guessing 55 is the weight).

My main concern is that if I don't get a new shaft now, I'll have to keep swinging really slow with my current driver and never be able to exert force into my swings just because I get better results if I don't. What do you guys think?

Driver: Sasquatch Sumo - UST Proforce V2
18* Hybrid: G10 - UST V2 High Launch
22* Hybrid: Hi-Bore XL
Irons (4-PW): Fusion
56*: CG1460*: Vokey 260Putter: Studio Design #5Ball: Soft Feel

It sounds like you will probably need to get a new shaft. If you start to slow down your speed too much you will start to loose alot of distance. And normally the easy way to tell if you shaft is to whippy is if you start to duck hook it. If we knew what swing speed you normally swing at it would help us figure out what would be best for you. The NV is a good shaft and if you like the feel and the look it would be prudent to get the same one but stiffer. It is on the more expensive side for retail shafts($89-$100) If you would like to try a different shaft the pro force v2 is awesome.

just my 2 cents
cheers

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I also switced to the PROTO BY YOU stiff shaft and I must say I love it. I seem to be able to feel the club load more on my downswing. My distance seems about the same but my accuracy is better. I have an Avg, swing speed of around 105mph. I also had good results with the Diamana white board.
IN THE BAG:

Driver- 907 D2 9.5 w/ Aldila "Proto By You" Stiff
3 Wood- 975 w/ Aldila NV
5 Wood- 975 w/ Aldila NVIrons- 806CB w/ Black shaftsWedges- Vokey 52*,56*,60*Putter- NewportBall- Pro V1

Aldila makes the NVS shaft which is the orange one. Its kinda like a softer stiff.

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Ok, here's my current situation. I drive about 220 to 250 on average, if I swing the right way. The problem is, I can only get these results if I swing REALLY slow and controlled. WHile I don't want to be a power swinger, I'd like to put some effort into my hits for the sake of feel.

I have exactly the same situation with you now. I went to get my swing analyzed and I was told my shaft doesn't fit my swing. I was recommended with UST ProForce V2. But I didn't reshaft, instead I bought another driver (long story why I decided to buy new than to reshaft).

Anyway, my suggestion is that you go to launch monitor and ask for recommendation from the clubfitter. Do yourself a favor and reshaft at that same time.
What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

So based on my results from the launch monitor, the Aldila NV65 turned out to be the best fit. The problem is.. the shaft looks ugly so I was wondering if there's any other similar shafts out there...

Driver: Sasquatch Sumo - UST Proforce V2
18* Hybrid: G10 - UST V2 High Launch
22* Hybrid: Hi-Bore XL
Irons (4-PW): Fusion
56*: CG1460*: Vokey 260Putter: Studio Design #5Ball: Soft Feel

Note: This thread is 6059 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!