IGNORED

My Swing (Ryan772)

ryan772
Note: This thread is 3174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Generally its straight or a fad that goes up to 15 yards. It just keeps leaking out, ive made some drastic changes after the countless hours ive spent on here. Working on steady head, rotating on the backswing and getting the hips forward. Working on opening the hips on the downswing as you guys say. Ive also worked hard on letting the hands drop to have a better setup. I feel im striking the ball beter then ive ever had, hitting the cog the majority of the time. Im hitting beautiful 7 irons with actual height which ive never done, the best ive ever hit. But its not consistent enough.

Im really upset i didnt get a chance to. To video my driver cause the fade is really exaggerated with my driver. Its leaking up to 30 yards. Its a push fade. I was playing with someone and i kept calling it a slice and they disagreed with me it looked like it was going that direction and fading(leaking) even more.

[Video]https://youtu.be/gsovsFMV_pc[/video] [Video]https://youtu.be/utcn7dtOG30[/video] [Video]https://youtu.be/RWKhCGUPK7M[/video]

Got off work and got a chance(to watch these videos a couple times. Positives( not too many) think im doing a slighy better job with weight trasfer opening my hips a little more Negatives Need more rotation in my backswing Head seems to be moving forward in downswing Club not getting to parallel In backswing Flare feet more Right hand grip looks too weak The club look funny at the top of my backswing whats going wrong there? Got some work to put in.

Downloaded the v1 golf app, going to need to take some more videos, and really need a better camera but excited about being able to analyze my swing better, already can see i need to work on steady head a lot more.

I'd like to see you get the address axis tilt (yellow line) by bumping the hips a little forward, not by having the head back over the right foot.

I think the head being "back" causes you to try and centered it during the backswing. Head moves forward during the backswing and you tilt the spine towards the target.

Head being too far forward means the downswing angle of attack will be too steep so to shallow it out you "cast", release your wrist angles too soon. Ideally would like to see it like the right pic. Set-up with some axis tilt by having the hips a little forward (head feeling more centered between the feet) and then just make a centered turn. Turn the right hip up and around.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So i wanted to get out to a range the next day, go to a range and its closed due to the amount of rain we have got lately. Go to my home course and the range is closed but it was only 13 bucks to play due to cart path only. First hole i hit a nice drive about 250 down the middle. Approach shot was about 130 and i stuck it about 3 feet, first birdie on that hole in about 25 tries(usually start off slow). Pulled my drive on the 2nd par 5, hit a beauty 7 iron leaving myself about 150. Hit my 9 iron fat which i expect some messups with swing changes. Was about 80 yards out and i stuck it about 4 feet with a 3/4 sw. So 1 under after 2 my best start ever. Then things kinda unraveled from there. Im excited to keep working on this though as i definately felt some improvement. Later in the round i started hitting a lot of thin shots. But still cant wait to work on this and hopefully put up my first sub 80 score by the end of the year.

[Video]https://youtu.be/tcdbBz9UIEs[/video] @mvmac This was my first time at the range working axis tilt. It felt like it was a lot better but doesnt look like it on film. Feel aint real i guess. Heads still moving back over the ball. Still casting and my right foots leaving the ground way too early. Hit them better today though

mvmac

This was my first time at the range working axis tilt. It felt like it was a lot better but doesnt look like it on film. Feel aint real i guess. Heads still moving back over the ball. Still casting and my right foots leaving the ground way too early. Hit them better today though

Set-up is better, keep working on the pivot stuff. Head is still moving forward (towards the target). Recommend doing some mirror work.

Mike McLoughlin

Does my right hand look low and too weak?

Little tough to tell with the video (too far away) but I think it's fine for now.

BTW a weak grip would have the right hand rotated more on top, you have more of a stronger grip.

Mike McLoughlin

• 2 weeks later...
I've been working on a waggle to relax my arms before I swing. I feel like its been working as my tempo has slowed down and shots are struck better and a little more accurate, but I've been losing some distance. Is this normal? I'll trade distance for accuracy as I already hit (long,9 iron 155) but just curious if something else could be causing distance loss.

[Video]http://youtu.be/IWONkTnZjZA[/video] still can't seem to keep my head steady enough. It looks like my hip rotation in the back swing is decent. I seem to be keeping my hips in the right spot throughout the swing, but once I start my swing down by body flies forward and head goes with it. Need some help here as to priority pieces

still can't seem to keep my head steady enough. It looks like my hip rotation in the back swing is decent. I seem to be keeping my hips in the right spot throughout the swing, but once I start my swing down by body flies forward and head goes with it. Need some help here as to priority pieces

Make sure to rehearse the movements slowly. Also practice it at home with the left side of your head against a wall/door.

Mike McLoughlin

My problem is I'm losing it in the downswing and I don't know what drills to do to fix it This is at setup This it at the top of my back swing And this is starting the back swing Is this a hip slide issue combined with the head not staying steady. Is there any other things o can do to help this or just the doorway one.

My problem is I'm losing it in the downswing and I don't know what drills to do to fix it

This it at the top of my back swing

And this is starting the back swing

Is this a hip slide issue combined with the head not staying steady. Is there any other things o can do to help this or just the doorway one.

And it moves forward because it starts drifting forward on the backswing. You over "tilt" the spine left on the backswing.

Set-up with more axis tilt (push the hips forward, yours are back in the pic), turn the hips in place feeling like you maintain that axis tilt on the backswing (green line). That's how you fix it. Will put you in a much better position to keep the head steady on the downswing, along with some other pieces.

You're the yellow line.

Mike McLoughlin

Thanks Ive been having a hard time correcting it. I spend a lot of time swinging in slow motion when not busy at work and home and been having trouble doing it right. I'll work on the hips tonight!

Note: This thread is 3174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!