IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2962 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am always weary of people who "speak their mind" or "tell it like it is"

I find most these people, trump included are not always right, they just willing to speak regardless if their opinion is based on fact of reality.

I also tend to find people who "speak their mind" or "tell it like it is", sooner or later have some weird opinions on women and minorities!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

I don't know about your last point but in full agreement with your bold lines above.   To his own admission, Trump has "exaggerated" on some things.   All politicians do that routinely but Trump is in the news b/c he takes it to a whole new level.

Trump is the ultimate salesman. Listen to him tell you about his hotels or golf course. Everything is the best, top of the line dirt and only the best imported rye grass.

He is a salesman because he is selling his name and his product. Politics becomes different, yet similar. He is suited to sell you his agenda and to tell you it is the best.

When he compares himself to Bush to him he is doing nothing more than comparing Trump National to Pebble Beach (comparable course elude me)

as far as my last line, That was all based on personal experience. I know some hard nosed, far right people who will tell you they would proudly stand behind Kim Davis for violating other's rights.

Simply put, those who "tell it like it is" are telling us what they think, they rarely live in the same world we do!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Stay on topic. If you want to go off on a rant about the current POTUS, start another thread.

As I said, it was on topic.

I don't see it that way, and a moderator didn't either.   I think you stretched it a  bit too thin on this one.   Anyway, let's keep the thread's focus on Trump's candidacy.   It's a juicy, fun topic and there is no need to turn it into a right vs left, Dem vs Rep, red vs blue fight.   Trump says and does enough interesting stuff to keep this thread going and going and going .... ;-)

@Elmer to Trump, "tell it like it is" means "tell it like how I feel" and it's working magic with a good portion of Reps.   It definitely ignited anti-establishment, anti-PC, anti-illegal-immigration sentiments.   BTW, I think it goes way beyond anti-illegal-immigration for many.   They are not saying it but the sentiment is really about anti-immigration, anti-Hispanic, anti-China, anti-rest of the world, anti-everything, ....   This can't be good for US, IMHO.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I don't see it that way, and a moderator didn't either.   I think you stretched it a  bit too thin on this one.   Anyway, let's keep the thread's focus on Trump's candidacy.   It's a juicy, fun topic and there is no need to turn it into a right vs left, Dem vs Rep, red vs blue fight.   Trump says and does enough interesting stuff to keep this thread going and going and going ....

@Elmer, when it comes to Trump, "tell it like it is" means "tell it like how I feel" and it's working magic with a good portion of Reps.   It definitely ignited anti-establishment, anti-PC, anti-illegal-immigration sentiments.   BTW, I think it goes way beyond anti-illegal-immigration for many.   They are not saying it but the sentiment is really about anti-immigration, anti-Hispanic, anti-China, anti-rest of the world, anti-everything, ....   This can't be good for US, IMHO.

I have no issue with legal immigration, I do have issues with people who come to this country illegally and unwelcomed who then leech onto the public assistance and welfare programs.  USA Today published a study that 61% of illegal immigrants are on some form of welfare / government assistance.  Those of us who are fiscally conservative are tired of our money being wasted and the government coming to us to constantly ask for more.  Trump speaks for many of us who are tired of freeloaders coming to this country illegally and bleeding it dry while they send money back to their family in other countries.

As for Kim Davis, she should be fired.  Like it or not the Supreme Court made their ruling.  If you can't handle the job then quit, if you won't quit and won't do your job, to quote Trump, "You're fired".  This also happens to be Trumps position and very few people I know are supporting Kim Davis.

Joe Paradiso

I don't see it that way, and a moderator didn't either.   I think you stretched it a  bit too thin on this one.   Anyway, let's keep the thread's focus on Trump's candidacy.   It's a juicy, fun topic and there is no need to turn it into a right vs left, Dem vs Rep, red vs blue fight.   Trump says and does enough interesting stuff to keep this thread going

The bottom line is that if there were a strong, competent president in office, Trump wouldn't have a shot. Each one of his foundational issues that are resonating to a degree no one could imagine: illegals, Iran, ISIS, and the economy, are directly related to the weak policies of Obama. Interestingly, Trump doesn't single him out very often, instead referring to the stupidity of our leaders collectively. I do wonder if there is something behind that.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Each one of his foundational issues that are resonating to a degree no one could imagine: illegals, Iran, ISIS, and the economy, are directly related to the weak policies of Obama.

Uh huh.  In 2008, the election talking points were economy, Iraq, illegal immigration, and terrorism.

Trump resonates because he's Trump.  It's very little to do with Obama.  You're wrong and you're off topic.  Let's talk about Trump.

Uh huh.  In 2008, the election talking points were economy, Iraq, illegal immigration, and terrorism.

Trump resonates because he's Trump.  It's very little to do with Obama.  You're wrong and you're off topic.  Let's talk about Trump.

I wonder if any of his stumping has increased or decreased play at any of his courseS?

I cant imagine people paying all that money just to support his political message.

I personally would never play there, not because of him  or his message, just cost.

SWMBO would end me if I ever paid that much!

In my Grom:

Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

I wonder if any of his stumping has increased or decreased play at any of his courseS?

I cant imagine people paying all that money just to support his political message.

I personally would never play there, not because of him  or his message, just cost.

SWMBO would end me if I ever paid that much!

I'm sure some celebrities are making a political statement by not playing his courses but overall I doubt he's losing much money.  The majority of people that have the money and desire to play his courses are still going to, they just may not talk about it with others as much.

Joe Paradiso

I have no issue with legal immigration, I do have issues with people who come to this country illegally and unwelcomed who then leech onto the public assistance and welfare programs

Yes, they tax our system but they also work and contribute to US economy.   I don't think anyone really understands the overall impact of their existence in US.   If Trump magically deports all 11 million people, would US run into labor shortage, inflation, and tank the economy?   Perhaps, or perhaps not.   What I know for sure is that the problem is a lot more complex than how Trump makes it out to be.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Yes, they tax our system but they also work and contribute to US economy.   I don't think anyone really understands the overall impact of their existence in US.   If Trump magically deports all 11 million people, would US run into labor shortage, inflation, and tank the economy?   Perhaps, or perhaps not.   What I know for sure is that the problem is a lot more complex than how Trump makes it out to be.

Some of the money contributes to the US economy but a lot of it is sent out of the country.  I'd rather take care of our own legal citizens and not waste money on illegals.

Rick, every problem is larger and more complex than any politician makes it out to be.  Most people have very short attention spans and don't want to know how a clock works they just want to know what time it is.

Joe Paradiso

I'm sure some celebrities are making a political statement by not playing his courses but overall I doubt he's losing much money.  The majority of people that have the money and desire to play his courses are still going to, they just may not talk about it with others as much.

Yes.  I haven't played a Trump course yet, but I wouldn't avoid them just to boycott him.  I only have "avoided" them so far because there is only one around here, and I've heard it's not a great value.  I still want to play it one of these days though and decide for myself. ;)

The views alone might be worth the price tag ...

Yes.  I haven't played a Trump course yet, but I wouldn't avoid them just to boycott him.  I only have "avoided" them so far because there is only one around here, and I've heard it's not a great value.  I still want to play it one of these days though and decide for myself. ;)

That view looks way too radical to me!

In my Grom:

Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

It does look like a nice course, I probably need to lower my handicap a bit before I take it on though.

Joe Paradiso

Uh huh.  In 2008, the election talking points were economy, Iraq, illegal immigration, and terrorism. Trump resonates because he's Trump.  It's very little to do with Obama.  You're wrong and you're off topic.  Let's talk about Trump.

Precisely the point, each issue is in shambles after 7 yrs. I'm not wrong nor off-topic. The reason Trump is resonating is because the people recognize those areas have been mismanaged, neglected or worse. Trump is the guy illuminating it. You may recall Trump toyed with the idea of running in '08. His numbers didn't support it then. They do now due solely to Obama and America's weariness of him along with Trump's willingness to identify in plain terms, what the issues are. Like it or not, Obama created Trump.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Precisely the point, each issue is in shambles after 7 yrs. I'm not wrong nor off-topic. The reason Trump is resonating is because the people recognize those areas have been mismanaged, neglected or worse. Trump is the guy illuminating it.

You may recall Trump toyed with the idea of running in '08. His numbers didn't support it then. They do now due solely to Obama and America's weariness of him along with Trump's willingness to identify in plain terms, what the issues are.

Like it or not, Obama created Trump.

It's only indicative of the fact that those are ALWAYS major talking points in every election.

As far as what's "created" Trump - I'd say it's nothing to do with Obama and everything to do with the lack of an obvious alternative as of yet.  The field is wide open at this point.

It's only indicative of the fact that those are ALWAYS major talking points in every election. As far as what's "created" Trump - I'd say it's nothing to do with Obama and everything to do with the lack of an obvious alternative as of yet.  The field is wide open at this point.

To some extent I agree with you on both fronts, yes they are typically key issues and yes, the field is wide open. But Trump's message in 08 (may have been 12) was limited to how we're being fleeced by China, Japan and Mexico on trade. That didn't resonate so he didn't get any traction. His issues today do, largely due to their mismanagement over the past 7 years and his lack of fear in boldly confronting them unlike the establishment GOP. Anyway, I think it's instructive to understand the genesis of his success in this race. I do NOT want him as our next POTUS, I just don't trust him. But I have enjoyed it to this point.

OK, the big underlying question ... is just how truly bad does it have to get to force change.   Apparently, it's just not bad enough yet in a lot of people's minds.   As Patrick Swayze used to say ... it's gonna get worse before it gets better.    Unfortunately, we haven't hit rock bottom yet as a country.

It's amazing to me based on this recent democratic led trend with a dramatically weakened military, catastrophic deficit, out of control / inadequately monitored immigration, and utter disregard for the traditional middle class.    I just wish people on both sides would put the piddly social issues aside that so many base their vote on and look at the BIG picture and vote to do the right thing and right this sinking ship.

BTW, I watched Trump's Dallas speech last night ... I'm on the Trump wagon.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

OK, the big underlying question ... is just how truly bad does it have to get to force change.   Apparently, it's just not bad enough yet in a lot of people's minds.   As Patrick Swayze used to say ... it's gonna get worse before it gets better.    Unfortunately, we haven't hit rock bottom yet as a country.

It's amazing to me based on this recent democratic led trend with a dramatically weakened military, catastrophic deficit, out of control / inadequately monitored immigration, and utter disregard for the traditional middle class.    I just wish people on both sides would put the piddly social issues aside that so many base their vote on and look at the BIG picture and vote to do the right thing and right this sinking ship.

BTW, I watched Trump's Dallas speech last night ... I'm on the Trump wagon.

Where we are at depends on who you ask.   Most republicans may believe things are in such a bad shape since Obama took over.  Per Trump, everything is a "disaster."   But Obama supporters and many Dems will disagree.   It's how you look at the glass half full or empty.   Take the economy recovery for example.   From where I am at in Bay Area, there is no doubt that the economy recovery has taken place.  The evidence is all around me: house prices that shot past the height of housing boom days, extreme traffic jams during work hours, number of H1B folks imported to fill the new jobs filling BART, apartment rent going through the roof, price on Chinese menu going up, more new house complexes being built, ....    There is nothing that suggests US is at its worst in economy if you are in Bay Area.   Of course there are exceptions even in Bay Area and your mileage may vary from which part of US you are at.    But to believe in Fox News & Trump's rhetoric of everything is bad  everywhere in US b/c of Obama Administration has screwed up in the last 7 years is, well, crap.

A couple of other examples on how strong US is ... if China or EU had their way, US dollar would have lost its position as the world's currency years ago.   But yet it is stronger than ever.  People in many foreign countries are accumulating US dollar under their bed.  US stock market also happens to be the most trusted & stable as any.  And yet, nobody from far right will give credit to Obama for resurrecting it from the dark days of 2007 & 2008.   As you may recall, the stock market crash then had nothing to do with Obama administration.   If any blame to go around, one must looked to the GB's administration.   The far right thinks stock market is still bad (or corrected by itself?).

Despite what far right or far left says about America, the truth is somewhere in between.   My thought is that we need to compromise, and collaborate to make the best of the differences.  One of the reasons that makes me think Trump is a bad POTUS choice is that he only sees my way of highway.   If any of you think Obama was my way of highway kind of POTUS, wait until Trump becomes one ( if he ever makes it).   Once the love affair with Trump erodes, even some Trump supporters will be left wondering how in the world they voted for Trump.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 2962 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!