IGNORED

My Swing (Cthaeeh)

Bogeyaah
Note: This thread is 3193 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 13 months

My current handicap index or average score is: 30.4

My typical ball flight is: no typical ball flight available

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: pull-hook/slice/fat-shots/ballooning-shots

Videos:

I am sorry for the poor quality of my videos. I used my iPhone's front camera to capture the videos. I will try to organize a proper camera as soon as possible.

To cut a long story short: I was able to conquer my slice two months ago and started playing solid rounds. I always wanted to have the PING i25's and got fitted. Superb clubs, but since three weeks (since I have got the new clubs) I am fighting all sorts of difficulties: pull-hooks, some sliced shots, fat shots and ballooning shots. I think, due to the lack of distance, I started over-rotating again - but I might be wrong. The new midsize grips (used jumbo grips before) doesn't make life easier.

I think a lot is mental right now. I lost a lot of confidence. I am sure, using this thread as a sort of diary, will help me to improve my game again.

Regards

Christian

I'm no expert but I have a few comments which I hope are useful.

I'd start off tweaking your address position a little. Flare your feet outwards which will also turn your knees out slightly. Tilt your head down so you're looking at the ball out of the middle of your eyes rather than the bottom. Rounding your back will help with this - there's a good thread on this here - http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture-how-to-address-the-golf-ball

A centred pivot (not moving to the right on the backswing) may help - achieve this by keeping a steady head - http://thesandtrap.com/t/61376/5sk-video-thread#post_781529

Your downswing looks very steep, and out to in which will be creating the pulls / slices depending on where the club face is pointing on that particular swing.

Taking your hands more to the inside (rather than straight back) in the takeaway will help as they will be deeper - http://thesandtrap.com/t/30325/deep-hands-explained - this will help you swing more from the inside.

Also, I think that if you can flatten out the club shaft between A4 and A5 (this is what I'm currently working on) then that will help you swing more from the inside.

This image shows how shallow your hands are and how steep your downswing is (approx A5) compared to the angle you set at address.

Many thanks for the help.

I'll start adjusting my address position from today onwards and will post some feedback on Sunday. I will read through the threads you posted over the weekend - never heard about "A4" or "A5" so far. I think changing the takeaway and really slowing down the swing will make a difference.

I played easy 9 holes yesterday: 48 shots! Nothing spectacular, but I am getting used to the clubs slowly.

Many thanks for the help.

I'll start adjusting my address position from today onwards and will post some feedback on Sunday. I will read through the threads you posted over the weekend - never heard about "A4" or "A5" so far. I think changing the takeaway and really slowing down the swing will make a difference.

I played easy 9 holes yesterday: 48 shots! Nothing spectacular, but I am getting used to the clubs slowly.

No problem. Terms like A4 and A5 a re used a lot throughout this site. They are the alignments in the swing, it just makes it easier to talk about different parts of the swing.

A1 - address

A2 - club shaft parallel to the ground

A3 - left arm parallel to the ground

A4 - top of back swing

A5 - left arm parallel to the ground

A6 - club shaft parallel to the ground

A7 - impact

There are a few more after impact too.

There's a really good thread which shows the alignments:

• Upvote 1

I have only played 6 months, and have gained more in the last 2 weeks lurking this site than in that whole time. So many things you may "think" you got down, but might not. Grip, stance, takeaway and etc. So read up on fundamentals just to make sure.

Your swing looks great, but definitely look at what keeps pointed out. Helped me a ton.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My first feedback is: very positive throughout the last couple of days - especially with my iron shots. I am able to attack the green again - I still feel uncomfortable off the tee though. I am still working my way through all the fundamentals here. I am back with a new swing video very soon.

Note: This thread is 3193 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!