IGNORED

Hello from London, UK

B270
Note: This thread is 3315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello,

I have discovered TST a couple of years ago, when looking for a product review, and finally decided to join.

This is an amazing website and its community seems so passionate and knowledgeable on everything golf. TST has been an invaluable source of knowledge for me so far...so let me just thank all of you for taking the time to share your thoughts, feelings, and opinions. You have helped me in choosing the right equipment, improving my game, and learn with fun!

My name is Marco, I am 45 years old. I am Italian, but have left the country for work and family reasons 15 years ago.

Moved to London from Paris a couple of years ago. Took up the game in France 10 years ago. Had to stop for a while. Then resumed when moving to the UK, where one can breath and play golf much more than on the Continent!

I am playing off 25...and naively but seriously hoping to move down to 18 before the 2016 Masters.

I am passionate about everything golf, but if I had to pick one subset I would take Golf Architecture. I love history and art in general, and I think that understanding why and how a specific course has been designed that way will help me improving my game. Also, it adds immensely to the overall pleasure of a round to know how to appreciate a great course.

I am lucky to live in the UK now, with such an abundance of outstanding and historical courses...best place to be for a student of golf architecture.

I have played a lot of French courses (I can provide feedback on the ones around Paris and in the Basque coast) and in the UK I tend to play as many courses as possible in the south west and east.

I have been hit by the "links fever" when playing Prince's in Kent, and then definitely knocked-out when a friend of mine made me discover Royal Dornoch, Nairn, and Castle Stuart in a trip to Scotland. Wow...

Unfortunately I have played only one course in the US...a small 9-hole in Tucumcari, NM...so I can only read about the great courses over there and what is playing golf in the US.

I hope to be able to contribute and bring my passion to the discussion.

best, and thanks again

Marco

From one noob to another, welcome aboard.  Very fascinating to hear, and what a great place to be and to have an appreciation for both the game and its landscape.  Enjoy your time here.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to the forum @B270

Thanks for joining. We have a section on Golf Courses and Architecture that I hope you will comment in. It is great to have folks from different parts of the world tell us about the courses in their area.

If you have any questions about using the site, check out our "Using the Site" section , and Little Things New Users can learn.

Here are some great threads to get started and familiar with The Sand Trap

Want to follow some bright people and some awesome members? Check out this article . Want to talk about more than golf or quickly find like-minded folks? Check out our Groups .

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!