IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (September 2015)

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9.18.15: Spatula drill working on release at work... Then I had Alina when I got out and we worked on putting together... (She almost beat me at pull-back)... We were playing to skunk rule 3up to win... She got 2 up (She's not even 2. she made a couple first putts, that I didn't)... I rallied back then she saw the geese and started running after them...so I think it was a draw...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did some swing drills with a golf fan waiting for my daughter. Now doing chair drills at work.

2 and a half large buckets at range 2. hit 3 sets of irons and 2 sets of woods. Took the training wheels off the 3W for half the shots, and got a few decent shots. One really good one out of many.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2 and a half large buckets at range 2. hit 3 sets of irons and 2 sets of woods. Took the training wheels off the 3W for half the shots, and got a few decent shots. One really good one out of many.

2 1/2 large buckets? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that works out to be 250+ golf swings - Do you think that may be a tad detrimental to working on a priority piece slow and specifically?

Chris.:roll:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

2 1/2 large buckets? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that works out to be 250+ golf swings - Do you think that may be a tad detrimental to working on a priority piece slow and specifically?

I do about an hour a day of slow steady movement using my LW, then hit the rest of the balls using all my clubs. Some days I hit 4 buckets for exercise mainly, but only after I do the slow steady work and drills to work out my swing.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I do about an hour a day of slow steady movement using my LW, then hit the rest of the balls using all my clubs. Some days I hit 4 buckets for exercise mainly, but only after I do the slow steady work and drills to work out my swing.

Yeah, it's just that if you are practicing with the 5 S's & taking a minute or so between shots, then 250 balls works out at over 4 hours with no breaks.

Anyway, I'm :offtopic: .

Chris.:roll:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Yeah, it's just that if you are practicing with the 5 S's & taking a minute or so between shots, then 250 balls works out at over 4 hours with no breaks.

Anyway, I'm  .

I already told you what I do. . .that's the "5 minute" practice which takes an hour usually. You can also quote in my swing thread if you want to inquire further.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Swing fan warm up.  Indoor swings, concentrating on toe up to toe up.  Need to work on rotating my right forearm over my left and folding my left elbow on follow through.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Outside on my putting green working on 3-10 ft putts

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

More mirror swings. My one very nice 3W off the deck inspired me to try to replicate exactly what I did. The video was only DTL as the range was full, but it shows straight arm along with all my other mechanics coming together nicely. So, these mirror swings are attempts to get that same exact sequence.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

9/19/15: Hit 15 balls with every club in my bag, plus an XRail 4w I traded some work at the course so I could do an actual fair comparison between the 3w and 4w... I do hit the 4w very well, but I started with the 4w so I actually was grooving the 3w... As I've stated in my set make-up thread... I've been looking to turn 4 clubs between D and 5i into 3... If it was 1982 I'd have 5 clubs no matter what between D and 5i...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Practiced outside, spent some time experimenting putting while looking at the hole, versus at the ball when making contact ... looking at the ball yielded a far more accurate putt.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Putting on my 36" board.  Focused on smooth back and through stroke.  10 minutes total.  Rolled 1/2 the full length of the ruler.  Most of the rest went over half of the ruler before falling off.

Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

9/20/15: Worked on chipping with Alina this morning for a half-hour. We were playing the up and down game, she beat me in extra holes, believe it or not..

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Driving range hitting 3 irons using the mirror swing.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Outside on my mat, I practice steady head, making sure I looked at the ball through impact.

Driving range hitting 3 irons using the mirror swing.

Hit 3 iron on the course off the tee.

Practiced flop shots with way too low a percentage of successes.

My swing is too flat again, and I think that's the main reason for my OTT at this point. Going to slow down again for every swing until I get it back to where it was a month ago???

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Indoor swings.  1/2, working on toe up to toe up.  Full swings with slow tempo.  Then full swings with regular tempo.  Working on no tension and hip slide/turn.

Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

9/21/15: Played 9 holes in 35 minutes. (Helps when you have the fastest cart we have)... Cold morning, ball didn't go very far, but boy did I score, for the first time all year, I shot level par. 36... 2 birdies, 2 bogeys. All 9 nGIR, 6/9 GIR, (I was 1/3 scrambling), hit 5/7 Fairways, Bogeyed 4 and 5 back to back then rallied with birdies on 7 and 9 to shoot even par, woulda played another 9, but I have to work 10-6 today... Could've seriously been 4 birdies in row to close, lipped out from 10 feet on 6, and missed a 7-8 footer by a ¼ inch on 8... I hit my third shot from 90 yards with a gap wedge to inside a foot on 9 though.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Note: This thread is 3137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!