• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
    • @iacas @Vinsk  @saevel25 Sorry for the bad initial angle, I hope these are better.  They're two different attempts, but this is essentially my 7 iron (I average a distance of 150-160 yards, which I'm ok with, I'm not a long hitter).  My biggest concern is this 10-15  degree pull.   Would love to have any of your feedback.  Thank you for all you do! This a great forum!    Face on View (155 yards, 11 degree pull left)   Down the Line View (7 iron, 161 yards, 12 degree pull left)  
    • I highly appreciate you know Drumeo! What a great site! The addition of El Estepario Seberiano is awesome!
    • A 5 wood shaft in a driver head… no. Like Bill said, head weight of a FW and driver are a lot different.  The tip section of a 5 wood shaft is designed to be played in a head with a 5 wood weight… not driver weight. I’ve tip trimmed a driver shaft for a 5 wood and THAT has worked but I’d never go the other way.
    • Let me tell you something, those Nikes are GREAT clubs.  The VR pro line is very much sought after.  You’ll be hard pressed to find anything that feels better.  Mizuno makes some on piece irons and might be a good place to start looking.  Don’t know your skill level but what you have now would be played by scratch golfers as well as 20 handicaps.  Taylormade p770 and 790 will get you a little more distance but the feel/sound will be clicky in comparison.  Check out Ping G and I series… can’t go wrong there either but keep in mind, if you want the same feel, you’re going to have to look for a one piece head.
    • Well…as far as ‘feel’ that’s subjective and  difficult to answer for you. Mizuno irons are pretty notorious for having a great feel to them. I played the MP54’s and can attest to them being beautifully buttery.    Do you prefer a thinner top line? Do you want to stick to cavity backs? I’m assuming you’re not looking for Game Improvement irons? Titleist irons may appeal to you and you could definitely get a used set under $1000. The T-series are pretty sweet. I played the Titleist MB690’s and they had a beautiful feel but of course those are muscle backs and have minimal forgiveness.    TaylorMade P770/790…another option. Really I’d suggest you explore some that look appealing then go somewhere where you can hit them and see what you think. Cheers!🙂

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...