IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot an 84 yesterday...... on 9 holes...

My second time on a course though, and I brought my spirits up on the 9th hole by setting myself up to attempt a long-putt for birdie, which I missed of course and three putted for bogey. But I can't complain, I'm learning and having fun and that's what it's about right?

In my Walter Hagen T3 Stand bag:
FT-iZ 10° Driver
Walter Hagen T3 3-Wood
FYbrid 18° 5-Wood
Walter Hagen T3 i3, i4 & i5 HybridsWalter Hagen T3 6-PW IronsWalter Hagen T3 SWWalter Hagen T3 "Alignment" Putter

81 (+9). 41/40. I hit 6 fairways, 11 greens, but had 36 putts! Today is the last straw for me. I need to get a short game lesson or putting lesson or something like that. I hit the ball great. But, (2) 3-putts and only 2 up-and-downs makes me realize exactly where strokes must be dropped. Overall, great round. It's my best score through 18. My handicap is dropping. Too bad my putts aren't.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

• Administrator
72 at Whispering Woods , including an eagle and a birdie on the front-nine par fives.

I quit after 14 holes, so I had to take three pars and a bogey on the last four holes per handicapping rules.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

92 awful round with the exception of a 70 yard hole out for eagle. 42-50
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

Played 2 Games of 9 on my local which is a 34.

First game, I played with a friend from School that I met and hadn't seen in a long time. He hadn't played in Golf in years, so it was a leisure fun round and a chance just to chat away and catch up. He did not bad for his first round, eventually shooting a few double bogeys.
I didn't keep score, but scored a Birdie two. He left, and I took a break then went out with scorecard in hand to keep score.

Almost perfect condition with a light breeze.
I scored 41 and was delighted, my best score so far. I am excited at the progress that I am making in hitting GIRs! Before, as in a few months, that seem a real distant dream, but the past 3/4 rounds, I've been pretty consistent and hitting at least 3/4 in a round of 9.
My only downer has to be, the holes that I am not getting GIRs, I am fluffing a shot (I'm thinking this could be the mental part of the game, e.g. too eager to hit the ball! thinking about scorecards etc).
At least twice today, I fluffed or duffed a shot, but would save bogey by getting on for Par, and then my two putt par.

Again, Begger's cannot be choosers! to be hitting the ball reasonably good, having pretty decent accuracy, and two putting, I am delighted.
With scoring well these past few days, I can keep trying to focus on playing my game and try not worry about the scorecard!

Hoping to get out tomorrow, but it is saturday and the course might be fully booked. If so, I might even avoid a nightout drinking and go play on the course at 6pm when it is quiet!

49 last night. Just squeezed in 9 before it got dark....actually it was pretty darn dark on the 9th hole. Since this is my third time out this year and only the seventh or eighth time in the last 2+ years I'll take it. New clubs working pretty decent and things can only get better. One par and one birdie which right now is enough to make me happy.

Driver- titleist.gif 909D2 9.5* 
Fairway Wood- titleist.gif 909F2 15.5* w/ Diamana Blue stiff
Hybrid- titleist.gif 909H 19* 
Irons- mizuno.gifMX-200 4-PW, vokey.gifSM 50.8 bent to 51*, SM 56.11, and TVD 60*M
Putter- cameron.gif Newport 2.5 

shot 6 over today... had a great round...
the course was packed and play was super slow which i never ever play very well cuz im always wondering what the heck the group in front is doing...
but we were paired with a very nice older couple that kept things light and humorous which in turn kept me loose...
my misses were pretty decent... only lost 2 balls... one in the woods and the other in the water...
had a couple of zero putts... one for eagle and one for birdie... lots of one putts...
chipping and pitching were back to where they should be...
ball was going much straighter than usual
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

A new all time low of 91.

It really doesnt count since the course is under construction and all 18 greens are temp.

Just a way to get some practice in on a Friday afternoon.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

shot a crazy 77 today. On tbe front I only hit 1 GIR but only had 10 putts!!! 15 putts on the back and still crappy iron play to go +2, +3
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

Sweet little 5under 65 yesterday at my home course. Five birdies an eagle and two bogeys. That with a 68, 69 and 67 already this week and my index is going down, down, down. Feels good though.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Think I'm back. 77 40/37. Had a lesson yesterday and with a couple simple adjustments I'm striking the ball better than I have in a loooong time. Putted well again. It's like I'm relieved to have gotten back in the groove. Hallelujah!

Played a very nice local Muni, Groesbeck in Lansing, MI. Had a bad day with my irons. Had 54 on the front and 52 on the back. Edged the hole when putting on at least 8 or 9 holes. Still had a great day.

Back to back 5-under days for me. Seven birdies, two bogeys today.

I checked out my history today and I'm 14-under in my last six rounds at home, five of which are under par, and one at 3-over.

Yay golf!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Went out for a casual Friday afternoon round at a state park near my home. My play was pretty pedestrian, with the rather large exception of the sixth hole. Let me explain...
Number six is a 530 yard dogleg left down a hill then rising back up to an elevated green. I'm at even par when I reach the tee. I slightly pushed my drive instead of hitting my normal 10-12 yard draw. I still hit it in the 310-315 range but as I said I blocked it right into the rough. I had roughly 190 to the stick on an elevated green, I knew I could reach the green no problem, but was stuck in between a 6 and a 5 iron. I decided to hit the 5 smoothly out of the rough and hope it would hold the green. I hit the shot, it came out so, so perfectly I saw it land next to the pin and disappear. I thought it was long and off the back, but God as my witness i reach the green and find my ball in the hole for a DOUBLE EAGLE!!!!! I became overwhelmed with excitement and elation when I realized that the only witnesses to this were about 40 deer and three wild turkey out foraging the course. Oh well, it was a once in a lifetime shot that I know I made. The rest of the round pales in comparison and I ended up shooting a round of two under for a 70.
Anyone else made an albatross? I know they are more rare than aces, just wondering how many of ya'll have ever had one?

I shot an 83 today at my mothers course here in North Carolina. By far and away the lowest score I've ever posted. It's funny I've only broken 100 on a full size course (par 70,71,72) 5 times I think. And now 2 of those have been in the 80's.

In The Bag
SQ 5000 10.5

SQ Sumo 3 wood
MP-32 3-PWGolden Bear Gap Wedge SV Sand Wedge MP T Lob WedgeYes Golf Callie Putter