IGNORED

Should Phil or Tiger be the Ryder Cup Captain

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3120 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Should they be a Ryder Cup Captain  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should they be a Ryder Cup Captain

• Just Phil
    • Just Tiger
    • Both Phil or Tiger
    • Neither

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/love-woods-mickelson-already-team-leaders/ 

Love came to the defense of both players Wednesday on "Morning Drive," praising Mickelson's leadership last week at the Presidents Cup and confirming a report that Woods contacted him during the event about a potential assistant captaincy should he not make the Ryder Cup team next year.

"Tiger was really interested in the pairings and what was going on," Love said. "Because of what we did at the task force, because of him being on the Ryder Cup committee, because of him being such a great advisor to me since I was announced (as captain) back in March, he's like, 'What are you guys doing over there? Why are you putting this guy with that guy?'

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I listened to both Chamblee and Love and they both have good points.  I will say I believe Davis Love wouldn't say crap if he had a mouth full of it and Brandel sometimes engages his mouth before he has his brain in gear.  So what Davis said was that as senior players on the team that both Phil and Tiger have been in leadership roles.  If true how has that worked out for us?  Not well if you like winning.  I do agree with Brandel about Tiger not showing any real passion for the Ryder Cup.  Tiger is maybe the best golfer to ever walk the fairways and yet his Ryder cup record sucks.  Something is wrong with that.  While Phil has show passion he has also been disruptive to the team at times by sharing his opinions, not always in concert with the Captain, publicly.  I believe it OK to share your discontent with the leadership with the Captain, but once the decision is made your choice is to march to the tune or leave the band, but not to take your concerns public while a part of the team.  So having made a short story long I voted neither and see I am in a distinct minority. But it is my opinion.

Butch

Note: This thread is 3120 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!