IGNORED

Computer Golf Game

JBailey
Note: This thread is 3081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I need a recommendation for a computer golf game that can be played offline.  I have limited bandwidth issues (I live in the boonies) so, need to able to play offline.  It doesn't need to be fancy -- just the basics.  I have a PC and would like to be able to hook up to the TV.  When I did a search it seems most mention playing online and I could figure out if they can play offline also.

Thanks,

John

Macgregor Tourney Driver, 5w, 3-4H, 5-PW, 52-58W

Heriko 14 degree Driver (Tee and Turf)

Odyssey Big-T Putter

Links is a real classic, still have my 4 CD set. I'm sure the later versions a just as good if you can find them floating around.

2215641-51qygrgwofl.jpg

• Upvote 1

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have the old Tiger Woods PGA Tour games for the PC. My only complaint is they stopped making them for PC in 2008 or so, so that's as new as you'll get.

13 minutes ago, JBailey said:

Where do you all buy these?

Later,

John

Well, you could try using Google, a dedicated search engine, rather than asking us to Google it for you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Tiger+Woods+PGA+Tour+2008+PC

Go to the shopping tab, or click the amazon link.

2 hours ago, SavvySwede said:

Links is a real classic, still have my 4 CD set. I'm sure the later versions a just as good if you can find them floating around.

2215641-51qygrgwofl.jpg

Absolutely Awesome!

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

4 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Well, you could try using Google, a dedicated search engine, rather than asking us to Google it for you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Tiger+Woods+PGA+Tour+2008+PC

Go to the shopping tab, or click the amazon link.

My apologies Sir.  'Twas hoping to find it at a brick and mortar to get it this weekend.

Later,

John

Odyssey Big-T Putter

2 hours ago, JBailey said:

My apologies Sir.  'Twas hoping to find it at a brick and mortar to get it this weekend.

Later,

John

Most stores do not sell games that old, and unfortunately PC games can't really be bought used. 

Last I knew Links 2003 (the last official version, but there is a mod 1.07 to for a nice update, and tons of mostly free downloadable user designed courses) was available for $5 as a download only.  There is also a patch to make it compatible with Win 7  It is available from Links Country Club.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Thanks all,

Was able to download Links and I'm playing it now.  Graphics aren't up to what I've seen on some of the newer ones, but it works and will keep a bit of cabin fever away for awhile.

Later,

John

Odyssey Big-T Putter

Note: This thread is 3081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!