IGNORED

PEZGolf Truth Squad

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 3039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

I'm not sure of the reason for this thread. Were you being inundated with so many unsolicited manuscripts that you no longer had time to reply individually?

Yes

12 hours ago, Xsamuelx said:

I noticed I can't find a trace of your magazine.  Where do I get a copy?

From me. I just need your mailing address, please

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

No.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, Abu3baid said:

Most likely he is just making stuff up though.  ;)

Not true. How could ANYONE make that up. Remember this: TRUTH is STRANGER than fiction!

10 hours ago, Pretzel said:

My biggest question here is, do I get to play from the same tees as PEZ if I wanted to write an article and played a round with him? Does he have to move back to the tips with me, or do I get to move up to the shorter tees with him (since his big deal is non-handicapped tournaments, I assume we'd be playing on level footing)?

I play from the Senior tees since I am 67!

3 hours ago, PEZGolf said:

I play from the Senior tees since I am 67!

Then the other golfer, too, would be able to play from the senior tees I see. You must keep things comparable to the "scratch tournaments" you value so highly.

17 hours ago, iacas said:

golfThe point is yhst before s jouSo---PROPER GRAMMAR and spelling--------------PUNCTUATION DOES NOT matter.                                 2. Okay, GOOD to know.                        3. I think-------------no, knew------------ we all suspected as much.

But seriously, Mitch… what's the point of this thread? I've asked you to stop talking about "The Golf News" here. You're not paying to advertise it here.

So, what's the point of this thread?

P.S. I'm moving this to the grill room.

P.P.S. That's a stupid rule, IMO. Someone's ability to write is not linked to their ability to play golf.

The point of this thread is similar to the one where I agreed with Tiger's criticism of SOME journalists. He said that some writers did not go out on the course to see for themselves what was happening. In my opinion, journalists cannot accurately criticize a player's failure to win unless they have "walked a mile in his or her shoes", I have seen this reflected in articles about a player "choking" or not yet winning a Major.               It is one thing to write that a player missed a putt and another to say that he or she "choked". An example of this is Tom Watson's chip shot on the last hole of the 2009 Open Championship.  SOME journalists were quick to question his choice of club or execution of the shot. Tom, however, took consolation in Jack Nicklaus' statement that he had made the right choice. Who was "right"-the critics or Jack?

2 hours ago, PEZGolf said:

The point of this thread is similar to the one where I agreed with Tiger's criticism of SOME journalists. He said that some writers did not go out on the course to see for themselves what was happening. In my opinion, journalists cannot accurately criticize a player's failure to win unless they have "walked a mile in his or her shoes", I have seen this reflected in articles about a player "choking" or not yet winning a Major.               It is one thing to write that a player missed a putt and another to say that he or she "choked". An example of this is Tom Watson's chip shot on the last hole of the 2009 Open Championship.  SOME journalists were quick to question his choice of club or execution of the shot. Tom, however, took consolation in Jack Nicklaus' statement that he had made the right choice. Who was "right"-the critics or Jack?

Bad formatting again. I know you grew up when they were still using slide rules, but so did I. And I can figure out how to properly format paragraphs. All the other Baby Boomers on the site have as well.

Also, you stray off topic like a puppy distracted by a squirrel.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

@PEZGolf, mention your newsletter again and you'll receive warning points. We've given you tremendous latitude given the things we have read about you.

One more stipulation you've brought on yourself: prove you're a 1.3 index. Let's see some swings. A handicap card (you're not on GHIN). Your 18 major amateur victories that don't exist anywhere online. Something. You have five days.

Golf and lying do not go together.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 hours ago, iacas said:

@PEZGolf, mention your newsletter again and you'll receive warning points. We've given you tremendous latitude given the things we have read about you.

One more stipulation you've brought on yourself: prove you're a 1.3 index. Let's see some swings. A handicap card (you're not on GHIN). Your 18 major amateur victories that don't exist anywhere online. Something. You have five days.

Here are my scores for the last month:

Sunday   November 8-----shot 37+37, and par was 76

Monday  November 9------shot 36 and par was 36

Wednesday November 11 (Veteran's Day)  shot 36 and par was36 (last 2 scores were at Twin Ponds)

Sunday November 15  shot 38 and par was 38

Monday November 16, shot 37 and par was 38

Tuesday, November 16 shot 38 and par was 38

Wednesday, November 18  shot 79 and par was 76

Friday, November 20 shot 38 and par was 38

Friday, November 27 (day after Thanksgiving) shot 77 and par was 76

I have ALL THE SCORECARDS!

I have now won 19 amateur tournaments as follows:

4 Men's Club Championships at the Maplecrest Golf Course in Frankfort

1 Senior Men's Club Championship at Doty's Golf Course in Ilion in 1998 (my first year of eligibilty and beat the Defending Champ, Doc Bonvino 2 and1 by birdieing the 17th hole!

1 Mohawk Valley Challenge Cup in 1987 (45 holes of medal play on 3 9 hole courses and 1 eighteen hole--Pine Hills) where 4 Club Champions played 4 different courses over 2 weekends.  Won the tournament by 6 shots, and led by 8 with4 holes remaining.

2 Frankfort Kiwanis Tournaments, and successfully defended my title

1 Industrial Open at Seven Oaks Golf Course at Colgate University, was medalist for the entire field, and represented Oneida National Bank

1 Herkimer County Tournament, held at Doty's for the County's Bicentennial Celebration

2 Ilion Golden Bomber basketball tournaments at the Mohawk Valley Country Club (Wayne Levi's home course when he was growing up).  My team, PEZ's PAR BUSTERS beat URTZIE'S URCHINS, among other teams

1 Oneida National Bank Open at the Antlers Golf Course, outside of Amsterdam,  The members were surprised that an "outsider" could beat them on their own course.

1 New York Telephone Open at Cobleskill Country Club (home of the famous Howe Caverns)

1 120+ Two Person Scramble at Maplecrest (the ages of the two player had to add up to 120 or more)

1 "The Golf News Open" at Twin Ponds

1  "The Golf News Father-Son Tournament" at Twin Ponds

1 Member Guest at St. Lawrence University Golf Course in July 20-21 of this year

1 Golf Unlimited Open at Twin Ponds in New York Mills (home course of Ted Kroll and Ed Furgol)

I have the trophies for most of these TREMENDOUS VICTORIES!!!

8 hours ago, iacas said:

I will NOT mention my magazine again.

37 minutes ago, PEZGolf said:

I will NOT mention my magazine again.

You just did. The rest of the requirements are still unmet.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

@PEZGolf, your first task is at the bottom involving the par 76 course you seem to be so fond of playing.

14 hours ago, PEZGolf said:

The point of this thread is similar to the one where I agreed with Tiger's criticism of SOME journalists. He said that some writers did not go out on the course to see for themselves what was happening. In my opinion, journalists cannot accurately criticize a player's failure to win unless they have "walked a mile in his or her shoes", I have seen this reflected in articles about a player "choking" or not yet winning a Major.

It is one thing to write that a player missed a putt and another to say that he or she "choked". An example of this is Tom Watson's chip shot on the last hole of the 2009 Open Championship.  SOME journalists were quick to question his choice of club or execution of the shot. Tom, however, took consolation in Jack Nicklaus' statement that he had made the right choice. Who was "right"-the critics or Jack?

So, how do you get to write about anyone better than you? Which, of course, includes EVERY professional golfer EVER, basically?

I completely reject the premise @PEZGolf, that you have to have played at a high level in order to accurately describe what you see, to interpret what you see, to share your experiences and thoughts with with readers.

If we applied this sort of standard to everyone, your brief contact or experiences with Payne Stewart would preclude you from ever talking about him. You didn't even share a meal with the man, or accompany him in his everyday life, let alone truly get to know him or truly walk in his shoes.

In other words, I completely disagree with you.

And… Tom Watson choked on that par putt.

In the interests of getting to the truth of the matter - which also seems to interest you, no? - I asked you to do a few things.

• Prove you're a 1.3 index.
  • Show us some swings.
  • Prove you've won 18 "major" amateur tournaments.

You can prove you're a 1.3 index any number of ways, but that does not include saying "here are my scores for the last month." Sorry. What's your GHIN #?

Surely you're capable of using YouTube. After all, among your 23 jobs, you list several that would or should involve basic use of technology, so I'm sure you're capable. I simply have a hard time believing that someone with 23 jobs, including a 40-hour-work week stocking the freezer section at Wal-Mart (and I have nothing wrong with working at Wal-Mart: my BIL and SIL both work there) could play to a 1.3. So, show us your swing. Let's see it.

Prove - and by prove I mean PROVE - to us that you've won 18 "major" amateur tournaments. That doesn't mean you simply list them - it means you prove to us. I don't see any of these tournaments listed online, and winning a local club championship does not count at all as "major."

Here are my scores for the last month:

Sunday   November 8-----shot 37+37, and par was 76

Monday  November 9------shot 36 and par was 36

Wednesday November 11 (Veteran's Day)  shot 36 and par was36 (last 2 scores were at Twin Ponds)

Sunday November 15  shot 38 and par was 38

Monday November 16, shot 37 and par was 38

Tuesday, November 16 shot 38 and par was 38

Wednesday, November 18  shot 79 and par was 76

Friday, November 20 shot 38 and par was 38

Friday, November 27 (day after Thanksgiving) shot 77 and par was 76

I have ALL THE SCORECARDS!

Here are my scores for the past 12 18-hole rounds I've played:

74, 71, 66, 63, 63, 60, 56, 42, 33, 48, 67, 61.

Proof? C'mon, what do you need that for, I can go make up, errrrr, "I have all the scorecards!"

Also, seriously, a "par 76"? You do realize that par is irrelevant to a handicap, right? If there is a par 76 course, it's probably the type where 400-yard par fours are called "par fives" for the seniors who want to feel good about taking a six, and the course rating would be significantly below "76."

Also, I see no courses above even par 72 near you: http://www.golflink.com/golf-courses/city.aspx?dest=Ilion+ny

I have now won 19 amateur tournaments as follows:

4 Men's Club Championships at the Maplecrest Golf Course in Frankfort

1 Member Guest at St. Lawrence University Golf Course in July 20-21 of this year

1 Golf Unlimited Open at Twin Ponds in New York Mills (home course of Ted Kroll and Ed Furgol)

Where are the "major" amateur tournaments on the list? I didn't see any.

I also, when Googling your name and the tournaments you claim to have won, found nothing of relevance. Just more threads like the ones on TOPIX.com and even this thread here.

We're asking you to do three things, Mitch:

• Prove you're a 1.3 index.
  • Show us some swings.
  • Prove you've won 18 "major" amateur tournaments.

Heck, for the last one, we'll even wash the "major" thing out there so you can count those tournaments you claim to have won. Let's see some proof. Of all three things.

I'm going to add one more thing to your list, actually, sorry…

• Tell us where we can see information about this par 76 course.

I've never seen one before. I'd like to see what it is.

In fact, start with that one. Where is this par 76 course? What's its name? What is the website, or street address, for this course? Start there. The rest we'll get to… unless we can't get past this one.

And remember, please, we're just interested in the TRUTH as you are. Consider this our little TRUTH SQUAD.

• iacas changed the title to PEZGolf Truth Squad
  • Administrator

@PEZGolf, in case the above was too much to digest.

For now, please do this: share with us (the name, the address or at least the town/city name, etc.) of the "par 76" course you seem so fond of playing.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

@PEZGolf, in case the above was too much to digest.

For now, please do this: share with us (the name, the address or at least the town/city name, etc.) of the "par 76" course you seem so fond of playing.

The name of the course is Heron Creek and the address is 151 Kirkland Ave. in Clinton, NY 13323. It is a 9 hole course, measuring 3,247 yards from the white tees and 3,120 yards from the senior tees. In the summer, it is a par 36 layout. In the fall, around October 1, we, the Seniors, play it as a par 38 since we cannot reach the two long 4's in 2, even hitting a perfect drive and a perfect 3 wood! The course is in a wetlands area (hence the name "Creek") and you get NO ROLL on tee shots. It is a tight course that requires excellent ball control.

The greens are small targets and slant a great deal so a shot hit into the middle of the green may run off, making a chip shot necessary for the next play. The greens are fairly quick and very difficult to read. 30 putts is outstanding and very rare. 36 putts is the norm.

I have numerous photos of the course and I will ask my daughter to help me post them on YouTube. Also, I have nice videos of my swing and we will post them as well. Since I did write analyses of the swings of Wayne Levi and Patty Sheehan, with their permission and approval, I am interested in what you have to say about my swing!

(edited)

By the way, I think it is neat, and funny that you CHANGED the heading on this thread to PEZGOLF TRUTH SQUAD. I LIKE IT!

Edited by PEZGolf
put in the word "golf" in the new heading

36 minutes ago, PEZGolf said:

The name of the course is Heron Creek and the address is 151 Kirkland Ave. in Clinton, NY 13323. It is a 9 hole course, measuring 3,247 yards from the white tees and 3,120 yards from the senior tees. In the summer, it is a par 36 layout. In the fall, around October 1, we, the Seniors, play it as a par 38 since we cannot reach the two long 4's in 2, even hitting a perfect drive and a perfect 3 wood! The course is in a wetlands area (hence the name "Creek") and you get NO ROLL on tee shots. It is a tight course that requires excellent ball control.

The greens are small targets and slant a great deal so a shot hit into the middle of the green may run off, making a chip shot necessary for the next play. The greens are fairly quick and very difficult to read. 30 putts is outstanding and very rare. 36 putts is the norm.

I have numerous photos of the course and I will ask my daughter to help me post them on YouTube. Also, I have nice videos of my swing and we will post them as well. Since I did write analyses of the swings of Wayne Levi and Patty Sheehan, with their permission and approval, I am interested in what you have to say about my swing!

I can't play better than bogey golf at Crab Meadow so I play it as a par 90. Now I'm down to scratch! I don't see what all the fuss is about, that was easy. 

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

The longest par 4 at Heron Creek is 340 yards from the red tees, with the second longest being 290 yards.

I'm going to call BS on anyone but you playing that as a par 38 during the fall. My grandpa is 73 and he still has little trouble reaching the par 4's from the white tees at Twin Peaks golf course (Scorecard Here). Many of the par 4's are doglegs and play slightly shorter, but it's still long enough to debunk your claims of the two par 4's (at 340 and 290 yards) being played by everyone as par 5's for part of the year.

It looks like a decent course, but there's no way that those should be converted into par 5's. 

It amazes me that SOME OF YOU do NOT know what is on this Discussion Board. Go to Golf Courses and Architecture, and click on "Your Home Course". IMAGINE THAT-TWO POSTS BY ME ABOUT HERON CREEK. And YOU asked me what my home course is? And if you GOOGLE their name, their website pops right up! Apparently, SOME of you do NOT understand how to navigate on this website. Would you like me to TEACH YOU?

4 minutes ago, PEZGolf said:

It amazes me that SOME OF YOU do NOT know what is on this Discussion Board. Go to Golf Courses and Architecture, and click on "Your Home Course". IMAGINE THAT-TWO POSTS BY ME ABOUT HERON CREEK. And YOU asked me what my home course is? And if you GOOGLE their name, their website pops right up! Apparently, SOME of you do NOT understand how to navigate on this website. Would you like me to TEACH YOU?

We did. That's how we know what the yardages of these "long par 4s" are. Cool your jets. 

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Note: This thread is 3039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!