IGNORED

One More Than Rory 2016

freshmanUTA
Note: This thread is 2988 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys! 

I'm sure a lot of you have seen the graphs about how physically fit Rory is, and how many push-ups/pull-ups, Miles biked/ran, and how many laps he's swam.

So, I've decided to challenge myself and anyone else who will accept the challenge, to increase our overall physical fitness.

Rory Mcilroy did 6,320 Pull-ups, 6,800 push-ups, ran 1036 KM, biked 640 KM, and swam 3,300 lengths of a pool. On top of this he found time to stretch for 6,720 minutes.

That equals:

17.3 Pull-ups a day

18.6 Push-ups a day

2.8 KM (roughly 1.58 miles) ran every day

1.75 KM( roughly 1 mile) biked every day

9 lengths swam every day

18.4 minutes of stretching every day

Unfortunately I'm behind the curve which leaves me 342 days left of this challenge. To make up for it, I will have to do:

18.4 Pull-ups

19.8 Push-ups

3.02KM( 1.8 miles) running

1.8KM(1.08 miles) biking

9.6 Lengths

19.6 minutes of stretching.

And this challenge wouldn't be called "One More Than Rory" if we weren't doing one more every day right? So, if you're still with me, starting today we will have to do: 

20 (18.5 + 1 = 19.5/20) Pull-ups

21(19.8 + 1 = 20.8/21) Push-ups

4KM(2.5 Miles) ran

3KM(2 Miles) biked

11(9.6 + 1 = 10.6/11) lengths

21(19.6 + 1 = 20.6/21) stretching

Unfortunately I don't have access to a bike or a pool so I will not be able to do those two. 

Feel free red to join along with me!

Edited by freshmanUTA

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 1 is done for me! I'm not in the greatest shape so doing pull-ups and running are hard for me. Push-ups were easy and stretching helped me feel better while exersising. I spilt the stretches up into 10 minutes before and 10 minutes after.

I had to stop my jog at 1.25 miles because I'm not in as good of shape as I thought. I will be soon though! 

More tomorrow.

4 hours ago, freshmanUTA said:

18.4 Pull-ups

19.8 Push-ups

3.02KM( 1.8 miles) running

1.8KM(1.08 miles) biking

9.6 Lengths

19.6 minutes of stretching.

That actually doesn't seem too bad. Of course he does a lot more other exercises as well. 

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

On January 23, 2016 at 4:24 PM, saevel25 said:

That actually doesn't seem too bad. Of course he does a lot more other exercises as well. 

Haven't posted in a while, but I thought I would do so to keep me on track with my fitness goal. 

The he running still remains the hardest part but I can feel my 15 year old stamina coming back, ran 1.5 miles in 11 minutes today before stopping.

The pull-ups are difficult as well, I've never really specialized in pull-ups but they're noticeably getting easier even though it's only been 4 days.

• 2 weeks later...

This is awesome!!!  I am doing fitness goals too.  It's helpful to have a "gold standard" but I think understanding your own fitness and potential is far more useful.  I was once a pretty good athlete and could run for a mile in under 6 minutes, do 20 pull ups in a clip, do 50 push ups in a row,etc.  I'm not beating my chest here but it is necessary to have perspective.  Now, after not weight training or being physically active for too long I'm basically in poor form.  I can do 20 push ups (rather than 50) I can run 800m before I have to dial it down into a jog, I don't think I could do more than 2 pull ups and haven't even tried because accepting that as reality might damage my self esteem too much (only kidding).  I now am really invested in getting back in shape and this thread inspired me to do "one more".  I look forward to hearing about your progress and I will update you on mine.  Good luck in the gym!!!

• Upvote 1

To be honest I forgot that his thread existed.

Ive not given up on the workout but instead added it to what I do for strength training. I'm not comfortable with my body weight as I'm in that stage between skinny and fat and I'm trying to run more and eat less.

I don't like stretching, I've never been a fan of it but I'm beyond the point of saying more flexible than when I started. I can almost get into the splits and I'm proud of it.

Its noticeably easier to do pull-ups and I'm up to 10 without stopping.

Note: This thread is 2988 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!