IGNORED

TST Member Review - Navigator by Dirty Larry Golf

Club Rat
Note: This thread is 2996 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Product Name: "The Navigator" by Dirty Larry Golf
Product Type: Putting Training Aid
Product Website/URL: https://www.dirtylarrygolf.com/buy-best-putting-aids/
Cost: $50 to $60

Ratings (out of 5):
Quality: 5
Value: 5
Effectiveness: 5
Durability: 4
Esthetic Appeal: 5

Link to Discussion Thread:

My Member Review - The Navigator

The Navigator – priced at $59.95 or for $49.95 using the code ONETIME and they ship it for free.

When the Navigator became available for an opportunity to review, I had no idea how much fun and the benefit of using a simple putting aid would be.
I would first like to thank Dirty Larry Golf and TST for providing the Navigator to members.

Information from - https://www.dirtylarrygolf.com/ website indicate
“We’re not your average golf company. Dirty Larry Golf is breaking the mold, and we’re damn proud to be doing it all in the USA. We’re on a mission to grow the game.”

FEATURES:
• Attaches to any putter
• Adjustable for any lie angle
• Ultra lightweight
• Works for both right and left handed players
• Available in three colors
• Easy to assemble and attach
• 100 % Made in USA

LASER FREE, BATTERY FREE, HASSLE FREE AND FREE USA SHIPPING
56ba5e942ee1f_Nav1.thumb.JPG.9066a2e9e77

A quote from online users reviews revel “The real training comes from the alignment rods and what they do to increase visual awareness and acuity. We built the Navigator to train your eyes, and not to force any huge stroke changes. The benefits received from continued use will build confidence and improve your ability to aim the putter face where you want to, and return it to square at impact.”

Even the package is unique with beautiful artwork, a pricey engraved - jewelry styled box container. When I was opening it, I felt like there could possibly be rods, studded with diamond points.
First thing you notice when opening the package is the pride Dirty Larry Golf has manufacturing the product in USA, with Red, White and Blue confetti and the logo "Made in America - Home of Dirty Larry"  I already like his style. Next beware, you'll see “Skull and Crossed Bones indicating DANGER” and a crucial message one must not ignore. It also boasts the bold statement to “Live Clean. Play Dirty - that golf is more than just a game, it’s a way of life.”

Nav1a.JPG.03659214d0bbbd67e57ced5df86045

The Navigator, looks like a precision instrument with adjustable height / angle and two different length rods which a user may choose how to configure to their likeness. A user can place the longer rod at the front or rear and vise-versa with the shorter rod. With the tilting lever, a user can position the rod in any manner they deem. The Navigator itself weighs 1.2 Oz

Nav4.thumb.JPG.0e38b23308bd74f74464fc74dNav4a.thumb.JPG.39c1a9a77c3df20e94b96150

I like the feature to have the pointing rods directly over the ball in a closer proximity for alignment. Using the longer pointer up front at a low position just above the ball, it provided an exercise for my putting stroke, which indicated when I would elevate the putter too quickly. The pointer would make contact to the top of the ball. I would then practice making a level stroke take away. Next I would reposition the pointer and work on maintaining a straight path. I started practicing indoors daily after receiving the Navigator on my Putting Challenge / Ultimate Edition indoor putting green which I’ve owned for many years. Also, SavvySweede gave me the idea to use a laser light as an additional guide in my practice. The light beam provided a true line for setup, my stroke path and the path of the ball rolling towards the target. Using a new slow motion video app, SloPro helped in reviewing of my putting stroke. Using the laser beam is also great as it shows multiple lighted points on the Navigator and putter at address. With the laser and slow motion video, I could see the ball roll online or off and was better to review my stroke as it shows the flaws I will address and practice to make corrections. Videos can be seen in the discussion thread.

At first after practicing with the Navigator, I had a slight transition period putting without the Navigator visual aid. I probably should practice putting a few minutes both with and then without before playing. My first round after practicing was under winter conditions didn't provide a practical means for a judgment.  With goose turd’s, ball marks, very wet greens and playing a course that had severe undulating greens, there were many distractions. But I felt like on several occasions, I did benefit from practicing with the Navigator. On one three footer I made, I imagined the pointer at the center of the hole in my subconscious before the putt. 

After only a few short weeks of practice and play, I now feel I made an unconscious, slight change /adjustment in short putts. As with any putt, aim, speed, a good stroke and confidence will usually produce a good result. I feel the Navigator has benefitted both my aim and stroke and will boost my confidence which is a priority practice routine when working on my putting. As stated “it is absolutely CRUCIAL to your success with the Navigator training aid, start from 3 feet.”

While there are many Pro’s and Con’s of many golf related products, the end results often vary for everyone, may and will differ. While most putting strokes can be “classified into a few general categories (strong arc, slight arc, straight back/straight through), every golfer moves their putter from Point A to Point B a different way.”

I’ll give the Dirty Larry Golf “Navigator” thumbs up for being a product which I’ve found useful and effective after use and for developing a better practice routine.

Nav2.thumb.JPG.eee69b5dd41ac06fcaa61ba95Nav3.thumb.JPG.370b0bd508e6f815d6ed0e3cc

Many thanks once again Dirty Larry Golf, it’s been a great experience and benefit.
  • Upvote 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2996 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!